Why joining competitive match leads me to another region server?

Specially in competitive matches at least in my humble opinion you should always be placed on your region server, or have some control to tick: “never place me across regions for ranked matches”.

The point of competitive is to play the best you can, but when you get a different region you can end up with added latency, and making a bad experience for you and probably for your team. So that is just an idea

You are always given the lowest ping server available for your lobby.

If you solo queue, that will nearly always be the one closest to you. If you group, then it gets a little more complicated.

If you press ctrl shift N you can see what server you’re on.

Only time you might end up on a further server is if youve got a VPN, a REALLY long qué or something’s gone very wrong.

If you play at odd times and no ranked match is available in your region then it matches you to next region match closer to you

just kick me out of comp for no reason and i cant rejoin thx overwatch for that i think i was kicked from the much so uninstall and delete its dead game us i see it

Could be due to inactivity. But I agree it’s silly how the game doesn’t allow you to rejoin once you have connection again (It doesn’t allow after a certain period of time, often short)

the game has all sort of problems these days

1 Like