Widowmaker doesn`t fit into the game

I will!! Her French is classy

In general snipers in such a game are a stupid idea, i think they should stick to mid close range chars.

They are almost never on the objective they almost never have a counter. Unless it’s anothrr good sniper. Chances of that is pretty low.

I personally also think it defeats the purpose of the game to have snipers. They are not as fast paced as the others not in mid action and so on.

I also think the one shot with df hanzo and widow is a very terrible idea.

Those are at least my problems with the game.

Junkrat was really broken for a while with his mines and he was also beating the purpose of the game but he got fixed with the damage drop i remember how disgusting it felt for me to play him tons of fun to kill 3 people at least but wrecked the game for me after a while.

Just my opinion, if you want to remove all one shots, be aware that you need to balance it around 150hp not 200 or 250.

I think snipers fit pretty good, sure if you have a top500 widow in a dia match it’s not, but that translates to any hero expect some limited heroes.

2 Likes

Brigette is the real problem because she enables double sniper, she counters EVERY single sniper counter, having a winston, genji, df or dva maybe. brig shuts them all down once she is nerfed so that she doesnt destroy every dive hero in the game widow and hanzo won’t be a problem.

Brig is not the problem mercy is but snipers are fine now that mercy cant outheal winston damage widowmaker is not even a problem at the moment doomfist has taken her place in most maps.

Only maps where it is really worth taking a widowmaker is dorado/junkertown/gibraltar and i dont think that is a problem from all the maps in the game currently

2 Likes

Widow is not the hero that people currently abuse to easily get to high ranks in comp.

Mainly because “clicking heads” isn’t quite as easy as you make it out to be.
You know what is easy though? Two stuns, a shield, and a magical baton screaming “Jag ska slå dig med din mors jävla leksak”

If you wanted to nerf widow’s RoF just make her gun a slow bolt action reload animation. It would be cooler anyways…

4 Likes

yeah widow is hard to play.

SO WHAT? Her fire rate and rifle charge rate are still ridiculous. If you dive a widow, she grapples away and clicks your head.

1 Like

Her damage per time scoped should scale more slowly. Getting killed by a precise headshot I don’t mind (not true, of course I mind, but I get it), seeing a kill cam where a Widow burst 5 times until she randomly hits the head of you, whom she’s not actually aiming at, is simply annoying.
Right now, the damage scales in a linear fashion from 12-120. Make it scale quadratically (staying with 12-120 though) and we’re done. Same damage for actually aimed shots, only ~30 instead of ~60 (meaning 75 instead of 150 for crits) for a random half-filled shots.

1 Like

So let me get this straight you want widowmaker to have to stand still for 4 times longer vs all the mobility we have in this game?

I mean you even main dva if you are struggling vs widow with that hero then i would recommend learning the game more just so you understand what you are saying i will explain.

in the higher ranks if a widow would take even 1 second longer to charge up a fully shot then she would die to things like zen or even mcree that can just double tap on her head.

Overwatch is actually one of the easiest games out there to dodge shots you can AD and crouch spam with hero animations from abilities if you want to slow down a sniper then you would have to remove mobility and AD spamming.

There would also be no reason to pick her over mcree/hanzo if you went and nerfed that as hanzo would win every 1v1 duel also id rather die to a widowmaker that charges up a half shot and flicks to my head then a hanzo that just randomly shoots a half charged arrow and lands a headshot.

If however you was talking about her fire rate after she lands a shot i would be fine with widow been a bolt action where there is no charge but she has to unscope between shots for a time that would be fun and reward good widows.

3 Likes

Not sure you got the maths behind my statement. Also: as D.Va I don’t have issues against Widow, she’s the first I take out and it’s smooth sailin’ from there. But I was a support main long before I switched to D.Va.

Here’s the full maths, columns are charge time, current dmg, dmg in my suggestion (always assuming headshots):
0.00s 030 030
0.15s 084 040.8
0.30s 138 073.2
0.45s 192 127.2
0.60s 246 202.8
0.75s 300 300

Time to reach 150: 0.34s vs 0.5s (+47%)
Time to reach 200: 0.47s vs 0.6s (+28%)
Time to reach 250: 0.61s vs 0.68s (+11%)

If that’s 4 times longer for you, I might have bad news for your maths teacher.^^

Brig is not the problem. Mercy is not the problem. Widow is not the problem.

You are the problem. Own your mistakes, and improve.

You can’t do anything to a widow if you aren’t either playing a tank or sniper.

Or a mobile dps such as Genji, Tracer or Sombra.

widow has both a high skill floor and high skill ceiling, it takes a loooong time to be able to play her effectively, and if you can play widow AND flex, that is awesome

Learn to avoid her sights. It makes the game more (frustratingly) challenging. Any hero can be a nightmare when they’ve had hundreds of hours practiced with.

Personally I think Doomfist is just as bad. That one punch one kill crap.

just counter her 4head

Ok. I’ll pick winston but lose half my health by the time i reach her.
Ok. I’ll pick D.Va and never be able to kill her.
Ok. I’ll pick genji and get one shotted the moment deflect is used up.

See my point?

Nobody likes snipers honestly

Wait… You are telling me that it is bad that no solo hero can counter a widow with a team defending her? It is a 2v1 situation it is not meant to be won by one hero if you want to kill a widow make the dva and winston both dive the widow and she is dead easily

Kolorblind ftw! “Post must be 20 characters long”