Widowmaker doesn`t fit into the game

I want to address that widowmaker is a broken character. I know you need to have good aim to play her properly, but if people spend 24/7 hours a day to practice widow they can easily click heads from EVERY DISTANCE. Even the pros don´t like widowmaker and want her to be removed from the game, cause it is the only hero in the game which can REALLY SOLO CARRY this game.

I suggest either nerf her inscope charge so it takes much longer to fully charge the gun or make her not hitscan. The time to kill someone is just too insane. Even better just remove her from competetive, cause its the least fun character to play against. I repeat I know it takes skill to play widow, but spending the whole time to learn this character and ONLY playing this one character, while the game wants you to flex, is not ok and every player can learn to CLICK HEADS after a decent time of practice, while being rly bad at other heroes (best example is Kephrii). No other hero is comparable to widowmaker, when played properly.

10 Likes

if you made her not a hit scan she would be hanzo but worse…

also there are things in the game you need a widow to counter.

she also has a ton of counters

10 Likes

I agree mey, I think there is a place for her as she is, I don’t mind people being good with her but i think I seen on the US OW forum that people are using mouse and keyboard as her on console which apparently makes her much easier/better, That’s a bit sketchy to me.

1 Like

i play on PC, i am not connected to much to the meta or problems on console.

tho ya mouse and key board is just better for aim, that’s a clear advantage.

Dumb hero who doesn´t fit into the game could be actually deleted and no one will miss her.

2 Likes

you will be the first to cry as you get dunked on by pharah

She has zero counters when the widow is extremely good (or paired with a brig or hanzo).

If winston dives her, hanzo or brig kills him.
Same thing with Genji.
And Tracer.
And Hammond.
Rein can stop her damage temporarily, but the second the shield goes down, somebody loses their head.
D.va will shut down her damage temporarily but will struggle to ever eliminate her.

So that leaves sombra.
Her damage is often too low to actually kill widow (unless you burst her down while she is zoomed in), and widow’s ultimate (which does charge rather fast) makes sombra useless against her while its active.

Only true counter is the mirror match or a Hanzo, but I’d still call that a mirror because he’s a sniper.

so when other people counter her counter she has no counters…

5 Likes

Don’t worry you won’t probably play against these players unless they’re smurfing. The problem with her isn’t her capability to 1-shot players but her high mobility which was nerfed in the latest patch. Before that she could easily escape diving heroes but now she has to be more engaged to her position leaving her vulnerable to these heroes.

Tracer has the highest skill ceiling in the game and she could potentially be the most broken hero in the game if you had 100% critical accuracy. Even McCree could be higher than Widowmaker. This doesn’t mean that they should be nerfed

3 Likes

This game should seriously consider using trickle-down balance. Look it up if you don’t know what it is.
The pros hate Widow too.

you mean mccree and solider who didnt see meta since season 3

I agree on the mobility part.
The dev team commented that they needed to buff her hook when it was tracer and genji meta. Now that its not they nerfed the hook and msg.
Good positioning and a dive set up can shutdown a widow but if the genji or hanzo on the other team is better he will can solo her at any range but if the widow is that much better she will win. Sounds fair to me.
Feel free to pick widow and have = chances vs a widow to show that you are better.
I thing that the game needs more heroes like her with high skill and carry cap.
Masting heroes is much better then picking something like brigutte and smashing faces.

Anything thats not hitscan is bad for a fps cause its a gimik. The monent a non hitscan hero is meta everyone suffers seen in hanzos case at lest with hit-scan you get to show skill level and not random luck.

Ill be 99% of players dont play widow on a problematic level. Feels like people just keep refering to the one game they got recked by a smurf top 10 widow one trick.

To be perfectly honest people could make bastion a solo carry if they spend 24/7 on it.

4 Likes

Snipers in general don’t fit in most mulriplayer shooters. You’d think someone carrying a sniper rifle wouldn’t be quick scoping and moving around this close to the enemy but there you go.

3 Likes

Same thing was said about Tracer then they added brigitte if you want to win vs a better player than yourself then practice and become better Mechanical skill should still be able to carry in an FPS game and no she cant solo carry just the team plays around her the same as they would if they had a bastion on their team.

its okay to have heroes that you can be at the top just from game sense but not all heroes should be like this and saying she does not belong in this game is kinda stupid when blizzard made this game they wanted players from all games to come and play it not just moba players.

Pharah for the quake players.
Widowmaker for the snipers.
Soldier for the assault rifle players.

There is something for everyone and im not saying widowmaker should be the best dps in the game tracer should be as she is the hardest hero in the game to play but look what happend to her after blizzard tried to hard counter her with new heroes.

1 Like

ohh no a hero that reqires skill WTF pls go delete jeff…

1 Like

just click on heads dude 4Head

2 Likes

nah nothing wrong with widow…

remove bastion… the biggest cheese hero that nobody uses except on some maps where it’s impossible to get near the damn crap…

2 Likes

Blizzcon: We have three new heroes all of them are in the stun category, we also nerfed brigitte healing by 10 but now she can cleanse players to help balance the new heroes, Hanzo’ is nerfed removed his leap, but Fixed E lowered the damage of sonic arrows by 10 and his cooldown to 3 seconds but we also lowered sonic arrow to 3 seconds so u can spam it, We also added a new passive for widdowmaker auto regen we thought a 11 second grip is not enough even when getting healed.

possible leaks

Lol genji and tracer require skill too. Just because a hero is hard to play doesn’t immediately make them balanced.

1 Like