Widowmaker is...kinda useless

She is in a very bad spot at the moment, I appreciate blizzard for reducing her cool downs a while back but that just isn’t enough. Maybe her body shots should have more damage but the time it takes to get to 100% scope power takes longer? Maybe she’d go up in pick-rate then. Idk just a idea.

Just because she has many counters doesn’t mean widowmaker is useless? O.o i mean i’m not THAT good with her but i can get my picks and i can go around shields and kill a rein etc, and some ppl have even given me compliments on how good i am and i really enjoy that. And ofc there are haters and jerks in the game who think i shouls switch but i’m doing good anyways.

Every hero in the game has counters so you should talk about why we should play other heroes as well and not only widowmaker. If we can’t play widowmaker jsut because of that reason then you shouldn’t be able to play any hero at all.

Please come up with a more reasonable comment than this, it’s not woth making a post about.

Widowmain here just download a hack since widow is balanced arounde not missing one shot.

If you dear miss a shot on widow swap cause yar bad at her.

Is the mindset blizzard had when they balanced her over some koreans that have a hack inside themselfs.

No hate i love widow cant say i dont wanna see her be sronger. But that will just spawn more fake widowmains that instalock widow from me and never swap on top of torneshing the heros repotation more then it is atm.

I feel so many players on this forum are detached from reality or just playing a different game altogether.

Widow is overpowered and almost in every single game on both teams, the better widow typically determining who wins or loses the match.

And uhh why would you think buffing body shot damage at the expense of longer time to reach 100% is in any way a buff at all. Encouraging braindead gameplay notwithstanding.

1 Like

Every hero has their counters.

Widow is useful if you can play her correctly. She can disturb the enemy tanks, so that they need to shield from another direction, which means your team might be able to kill their team off more easilly. And if they won’t turn to shield their team from your shots, their team gets killed.

Getting dived on when playing Widowmaker is annoying, but that’s just how it is. Either learn to play around it or switch to another hero.

A good widow is definitely in a strong spot now. But also because of the exceeding amount of shields in the game now, Widow needs to keep re-positioning herself to get a clean shot. She can be vulnerable right after she used her Grappling Hook, as it’s on a 8s cool down. That’s the window Dive tanks could use to jump and kill her.

Widow is one of a kind a hero in this game. She has a very high skill floor, and being effective with her requires a lot of work. Which is why when you see games on some maps the team with the stronger widow is in a better spot.

In the current meta, widow is one of the strongest hit scans available to play.

What are you talking about? Widow definitely has counters and ways to make her life hell. The biggest mistake i see is that even in diamond, most Genji’s, Winston’s, D.va’s, etc. think that they can easily 1v1 me while i play Widow and jump in without a plan, head on and proceed to get blasted to oblivion. Also shields are always a good way to make Widow have a bad day, assuming people actually stay behind the shield (thankfully most dont ;D). Also the best Widow counter is another Widow.

To the topic itself widow in my opinion is in a good spot and a little bit of thinking ahead can make Widow a nightmare for Genji’s everywhere.

If you learned how to play her correctly you can easily carry games, how much more of a reward you guys want for her?..

cmon you never really “easy” carry with widowmaker. You can easy carry with tanks, because you survive better, you dont need aim, you just need game sense.

Thats because widow is such high skill capped hero with a pretty high skill floor. But if you are good enough, you easy carry games.

1 Like

when you are high skilled, you will also play against high skilled player. Dunno where this “easy carry” comes from.

Mainly comes from that if you are skilled, you can easily carry games with any hero. Because you are good.

Just because there are ways around a character does not mean the character has no purpose or use in the game. Yes Widowmaker gets countered harder than some, but she also has more potential then some - it’s the same for most of the harder to play heroes: Ana, Zarya, Widow, Genji, Zenyatta, Tracer. They are not as broad in capabilities and have certain weaknesses that are offset by huge strengths.

For instance, a well placed biotic grenade can win a teamfight, but Mercy (who is more of a multipurpose, fits-most-comps-hero) can hardly do the same, but is way more consistent and can heal through shields.

Using a perfect deflect might end in saving your team from gravitron, but other DPS have an easier time dealing with Dive-Tanks.

Widowmaker and Hanzo can get picks without the possibility of healing the damage back up since people get one-shot by their crits (unless they are tanks, but tanks still die from burst damage most of all), they also counter armor and shields since they take away huge chunks of health. At the same time a Soldier or Junkrat is better equipped to deal with groups or shields, but they have less pick potential the higher you go in SR/the ladder.

I am an avid widow main and becoming a hitscan player, widow can still be played in most situations and she can always do good stuff, it’s just that sometimes McCree or Tracer/Sombra might be more effective - hell even Bastion if you are dealing with a shield stacking comp. Although I have to say, I am at a point where the enemy team usually has to throw a lot of resources my way to reduce my value significantly, at which point my team usually wins trades and makes better pushes. Every experienced and aware Widow can deal with Winston or Genji, it won’t always work (since this is an FPS and it requires luck and dexterity to come out on top, no matter the situation), but most situations aren’t as clear-cut as you make them out to be.

There are 4 ways to counter a widow:

1. outsnipe her: requires you to have a better or better supported widow, but the enemy can just hide from your widow and pick off other angles
  2. hide/LoS: creates space for widows team but she doesn’t get as much value as other DPS who can move around in mid/close range
  3. excessive dive: can be abused to bait winston/genji into deaths but usually this forces most Widows to switch off
  4. shields: this is usually the most effective way which is why she is incredibly potent with a junkrat+roadhog combo for instance. Also Rein vs Rein becomes really dangerous for the Rein opposing Widow, as long as the enemy Rein is competent.

To be honest, widow makes OWL games boring. She gets a pick at the start of a fighter on a healer and its pretty much all over. If she takes an attacking healer, the attackers have to wait to regroup, which is boring to watch.

I agree the hook CD is long at 10 seconds, maybe add a mechanic so when you hit with a fully charged shot it takes 1 sec off hook cd and a 50% charged shot takes half a second ? … either that or giver her 2 charges like what Junk has with his mine at 10sec CD for each charge.

1 Like

Widowmaker is literally one of the best heroes in the game…

There are several people who consider her OP.

1 Like

Just kill the ’ counters’ before they get to you… Then they won’t be a problem.

i have maybe like 2 hours of widowmaker gameplay and i freaking hate the hero, she just like Hanzo is overpowered and has a huge hitbox. it was very easy for me to kill players from far away, because of the huge hitbox. one shot boom dead.

1 Like