Will Overwatch 2 be relelased in Russia?

Asking Blizzard. Should i even bother getting the Brig skin tomorrow? Is Russia included in this event? Becasue so many questions without the answers after this beta shadow ban for the region.

1 Like

I don’t think so. It’s strange to expect that gaming companies will continue to do business with a terrorist country and turn a blind eye to what Russia has done to Ukraine.

Russia is a microscopic market and leaving this country won’t particularly hit Blizzard.

Microsoft’s Xbox and Windows divisions are leaving the Russian market. Activision Blizzard is part of Xbox Game Studios. I hope it’s clear what to expect later with Blizzard.

2 Likes

Not until the sanctions are lifted. No.

Chances are, Russians wil never play it, unless they use VPNs and pretend they are somewhere else.

The thing is: Xbox and PS works in russia, you can even play OW2 beta (cant play it on PC, because you just simmply cant buy it). But price for WoW Dragonflight is in RUB, which means you can buy it with battle.net account (WOW DF was announced later that OW2). Amazon/twitch drops ans subs work here perfectly fine, so you technically can participate. You still be able to play OW1, WoW and other blizzard games, even new Diablo Immortal. I just want the answer, simmply ‘yes’ or ‘no’ from blizzard withotu ignore/shadow banning etc. Russia were participating in the 1st beta, all the recent news and updates including OW2 2nd beta is localized in russian language and still posted in russian forums. Game itself is localized in russian. It was said that Russia and Belarus wont be able to paprticipate in 2nd beta, for 1 day and then it was deleted. How it’s clear what to expect if it’s not clear at all.

1 Like