Would start playing overwatch again if

If only the ranking system wasn’t still this overcooked for no reason win 5 games to get a new rank garbage. I came back, had a blast in my placements. Win 5 games only to be put into the same rank and instantly quit. People play ranked so that they feel like they are progressing in the game. Nobody likes or wants to have to wait 5 wins to see their progression (or not). It just feels like a massive waste of time getting shown 0 progress after 9 games of overwatch. Literally what are you even playing for. At least with a regular rank system you get to see your rating go up or down as you win or lose. Even if you end up in the same place after 9 games you feel like meaningful things happened throughout them. This had to change from week 1 of the game I really can’t believe it’s still in there after all this time. Incredible

This is going to change in season 9. As far as we know now, the system will change to instant feedback after every match.

The finer details might still change but as far as we know now there will be ranking feedback after every match, regardless of if it’s a win or a loss.

We don’t know if the feature where it’s shown what things affect your rank change is going to change before release, but according to knowledge right now the rank review screen will show details of everything that affects your rank change.
(For example win streaks)

The information was shared in blizzcon’s overwatch panel “what’s next”.

It wasn’t very well thought through at all. When OW2 first came out, you needed 12/15 wins before you rank up if I remember right. Unsure why they took away a system that worked. OW never had a complaint around SR. The value was visible therefore no bugs could be hidden away. We knew what SR we gained or lost per match - rather at the moment, you can drop an multiple divisions although you drew your placements.

Thankfully they’re finally realising after all this time (yes over a year now), that players don’t want placements, they want results. Just shows the level of competence that the people have employed in the decision making circle, the lack of market research they must be making.

It’s good to see that they’ll finally be bringing back per match feedback. Would be nice to see the SR value once again, but we shall see.

hahaha, seriously? people whinged about your mmr instead, and how that impacted “forced wins” and “forced losses” and all sorts of conspiracy theories. yes, OW1 had plenty of complaints around SR. including people who thought “placement matches” were actually A Thing Where Your SR Was Reset instead of 10, and then 5, games where you couldn’t see your SR changing.

Yes, complained about MMR, not SR.