Wrongfully Banned from Overwatch [Since overturned, I am now unbanned]

Might want to reap what you sow.

1 Like

If I get banned, I wouldn’t post on the forums. As that is against the rules.

I also wouldn’t complain, as the EULA says they can ban you for no reason if they wish, and I have agreed to that.

Yes he has no idea what contracts mean haha

1 Like

That is an ironic statement at best. Given you’re still flapping your gums

Great news, another one out of the game.

1 Like

Yes they do infact overturn.

Greetings,

As part of our ongoing effort to combat nonparticipation, abusive behavior, and other in-game violations, Blizzard recently closed an Overwatch license on this Blizzard account.

After performing an additional review of the evidence considered in this action, we determined that this account closure was an error. We are reopening the license for play, and hope you will accept our sincere apologies for the mistake.

It is our mission to make Blizzard games a fun and safe environment for all players, and we are truly sorry for any negative effect this had on your gameplay experience. We are always refining our processes and we will learn from this mistake as we continue in our ongoing efforts.

We look forward to your safe return to the game, and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,
Blizzard Entertainment

1 Like

Nice to see. And welcome back.

I have not reappealed for a few days and my last appeal was dismissed. Someone who works for Blizzard must have seen this post and reviewed it for me. Whoever you are, if you read this, thank you!

P.S. Barry you need to evaluate how cynical you are.

1 Like

I need to evaluate nothing, if you’re banned it’s for good reason. I’ve never been banned on two accounts, because I don’t cheat.

Can’t do the time, don’t do the crime, and certainly don’t do the whine.

Also, the forum is not the place for discussing bans.

Discussing Disciplinary Actions

This category includes:

• Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player, including chat logs and email correspondence between a player and a Game Master (GM)
  • Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a character or account on the forums

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, they will:

• Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

As a former steambans senior admin, trust me I have heard this all before.

As we used to say, sorry you have been banned for cheating, but moving forward let’s hope you learn from this when creating new accounts.

1 Like

Lets see huummmmmm BIG FAT DOUBT on that. You cheated or otherwise broke the EULA, using macros or any other non allowed programs despite being explicitly warned not to.

I have played blizzard games for 20 years now, never have I ever been suspended or banned for cheating. Not only in regards to blizzard games, in fact in no game have I ever been banned for cheating. My WoW account got hacked before I had an authenticator and subsequently banned due to the hacker running AHs bots with it, later overruled of course when I got the account back. Why was that? Ah yes I had not cheated on the account myself. Funny thing was the hacker had even paid the subscription fee(my account was inactive when it got hacked since I was not playing at the time) and the GM let me keep the gold.

You broke the rules, got caught, and now you are crying about it. Good riddance, play by the book next time, and you wont have any issues. If I and millions of others can do it and go through decades of not getting banned from video games for cheating, so can you.

He really does not. Coz he is right, there is good reason why so many people avoid ever having issue with the law as well, even if they are not mega rich individuals just buying themselves out of trouble. They simply do not commit any crimes and behave properly, following the rules. Will that guarantee success in life? Maybe not, some times breaking rules can be advantageous, but some times you get caught for doing so. You end up getting the consequences for it, and the one thing you could at least do than is accept it and man up to it.

2 Likes

Can you read or? I got unbanned, because I wasn’t cheating, Blizzard made an error.

The only person on here trying to be objective is RodimusPrime.

Anyway, I am going off this toxic forum, have fun not helping anyone.

1 Like

Because noone actually belive you. Not belive anyone who came here and screamed that they were banned for no reason. There is always a reason, players just usually prefer to do not talk that. Show themselves near to the angel. Ofc, there is could be a possibility you were banned by accident, but chance of this very low. Anyway, the forum is not the place where you can find the solution of your problem. It’s the place where you can find the advice what to do next, if you still don’t figure this out. Create a ticket to blizzard and ask them about it. Include proves that you didn’t do it and maybe everything will be decided in your favor.

He does it to everyone don’t worry.

what you’ve quoted there is quite complimentary in fact.

(of a person or their judgement) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.

I do see things in a objective way.

I don’t get tilted and rage quit things.

1 Like

Anything I say about you Nightwing, would definitely not be complementary

You do troll though, so maybe that’s why you don’t get tilted. :frowning: .

I know. You certainly tried before rage quitting.

I am not trolling though. I said they don’t overturn on appeal, and that is correct. They have overturned after noticing an issue in a few bans and review the process.

This is good news, as it means they do double check. Meaning anyone bad and not overturned definitely was cheating.

If person is innocent and it has been overturned. Great news and I hope they return to enjoying playing.

I don’t get tilted, because what is there to be tilted about. Someone typed some mean things… oh no. Someone played badly… damn. I don’t care.

That’s funny, when I made comment about Blizzard making mistakes with bans, he was instantly trying to fight it as if Blizzard doesn’t make mistakes.

1 Like

I’ve always said they don’t overturn on appeal. And in this case, they didn’t. The overturned following an internal investigation.

So, they don’t overturn on appeal. But we are all happy to see Slime sorted and back playing.

Classic Nightwing aye.

I can’t speak for them. They had a different take on the game to me.