Wtf is with ranking, win streak demoted

I just won five games in a row and lost a rank, on top of already losing ranks with the reset.

Do wins mean nothing now?

Can some one please explain this to me?!

3 Likes

Look, I don’t think this is that complicated.

The matchmaker will pair people of similar skill. This doesn’t mean you’re going to be playing with silver players only in silver. Instead, you may have 1 gold,2 silver, 1 bronze, etc. I’ve had games with everything from bronze to diamond. I’m not sure why it is this way but I think maybe it’s to make the queue times shorter.

End result is that sometimes you will get a matchup where the skill difference is in exactly the wrong place.

You get a diamond tank vs a bronze tank you get two gold dps players vs two silver dps players. This randomness can make games feel incredibly uneven and unbalanced. You end up with situations were some players look incredibly strong in match ups.

This isn’t the norm though but it does happen and it can be frustrating. You just have to try and make the most out of these games if you wanna climb the ranks. The people that play in higher ranks don’t complain about this. They try to make the best of every situation and that’s how you get better.

As far as i have experienced, winning 5 matches with 3 losses or higher gets you no promotion. why? i dont know.

this actually shouldnt happen considering there rule would be: 5 wins or 15 losses.

i litterally played like 30 - 45 matches and im still gold rank 2.

my honest opinion about this change they made is that i do not agree with it considering i dont have alot of free time to get with this system they created.

i also believe that gold rank 2 is still really low to get close to the top 500 players in your region. so i dont know why it would be this difficult to not get a promotion with just 3 or 4 losses.

I won 5 and lost 1 as tank, with total domination in at least 3 of the 5 wins, where players said “Tank diff” at the end of the games.
The game I lost, was because of support leaving after first payload round. We were doing great, basically just holding “W” until end of map. The other team had no chance.
But going down to 4 vs 5 with 1 healer vs 2 changed everything of course.

What did I get? I went from bronze 2 to bronze 1. I have had the same scenario as dps and support, even lost rank with good win ratio and great stats.

If you are bronze / silver, there’s a risk that your account is being held in the low ranks.
Why? Because Blizzard needs to maintain population balance over the ranks.
They already admitted that there “was” a bug keeping players in bronze, but I don’t think the “bug” is really fixed, it probably never will be fixed.
Try creating a new account and do your placement games, you’ll see!

You won 4 matches which equals to around 100 sr, which is around the amount that you need to rise in rank, but that one loss put the sr down to 75. So not rising in rank is perfectly understandable if it happened.
Going from 2 to 1 means you went up a rank, which is exactly what should have happened.

You keep dominating the games and securing victories and you’ll be high silver within 30 victories (provided you don’t lose games too much, which includes getting lucky with teammates who don’t leave)

i cant make another account, i actually spend some money on this game and I don’t wanna waste it :frowning:

Doesn’t that feel a bit “slow”?
Almost like the ranking system is made for smurfing, to stay long in low ranks even though you dominate.

I tried a few games as support now. I was silver 5 and won 5 and lost 1, a very even game that I lost, where both teams did well.
Reward: I got silver 5 again.

Isn’t it a bit harsh? Having to win 5 out of 5 in bronze / silver, being teamed with leavers, throwers and random vacuum heads. The ranking system should value stats a lot IMO IF you want players to end up in the right bracket as soon as possible.
But if you don’t want that, and want to hold players in low ranks, well, I guess this is perfect.

And don’t me that it’s a conspiracy theory that Blizz holds some players hard stuck in low ranks. They already admitted that there is a “bug” that prevents players to rank up from low ranks.
A company like Blizz knows if something like that is going on, trust me. It’s all planned, obviously.

It’s perfectly normal to have to win 10 matches in a row or with 2 or so losses to climb.
If you find the matches difficult then you’re at your skill level.

I hope blizzard makes rank advancement more visible so that people will stop with the conspiracies.

The additional of a % that you’re higher than is a nice start. But still not that clear as it’s only on one screen and easily missed

Just make a battle pass esque system where you see where you are in that rank. Moving with every assessment.

I think that would be clear enough for most people but not too accurate to start actually looking at numbers.

They kind of have, it’s just only on the screen when you update.

Needs to be a progress bar, make it simple and clear.