An unexpected fatal error has occurred

The code is 32DF12A8-CE24-4E9A-998A-59C14C75A0E9

I had had some trouble with SC2 about a year back but it resolved itself eventually, probably after a patch. In any event I haven’t had any trouble with the game at least for months and today I get this message.

Hello gwithers,

The code that you have provided to us seems to point to an access violation error.

I would advise you to try out the following steps:

1. Update your drivers and operating system to resolve any compatibility issues.
  2. Update or temporarily uninstall any security programs, which may mistakenly identify the login module as a security threat.
  3. Close all other applications to resolve software conflicts and free up resources.
  4. Repair Disk Permissions to find the faulty files.
  5. Run the game in Administrator Mode.
  6. If the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall the game.

PS: The above articles, might a bit slow to load up, or give an error. We are looking into this and it should be sorted soon! Apologies for the frustration.

1 Like

Having same problem from time to time in SCII and HOTS. How long should this go on?? When u Blizzard fix this?! Why there is even no reconnection in SCII, and I lose everytime this error occurs?

I get the same, but in my case, the game/program stops running immediately. It doesn’t load the start screen. Been this way since I tried playing the game again since two weeks back. I tried all the six steps recommended, but none helped me. I play on an apple computer.

I can start WoW with no problem.

9CE7F282-C30C-4372-9EE3-37640171CBF2

I am also on a Mac.
HotS opens fine.
SC II was running fine last week.