Bug creating custom games in offline mode and any tips for debugging network issues?

I have been having issues with stuttering lag in-game recently and have been trying to find out the cause of the problem. One thing I tried is going into offline mode in StarCraft to see if I get lag there so I can determine if it’s a network issue. When trying this I seem to have found a bug where creating custom games vs AI just doesn’t work. The game ends immediately and I seem to have been given the race I assigned to the AI. See this video for more information Wrong race and no opponent when creating a custom game in offline mode - YouTube

I never actually use offline mode in general, just thought you should know about it in case people that do use it get caught out.

After doing this and returning to game I got no stuttering so it looks like my lag issue is network related. It could be my ISP or a number of other things. Do you have any tips for trying to fix this? I’m on a wired ethernet connection and all the cables seem secure. I’ve tried restarting my router which didn’t seem to help. Mostly just want to find out whether I need to complain to my ISP or if it’s something on my end. Would appreciate any advice, thanks!

Here’s a video of the stuttering lag in case it helps. It happens in both online and custom games. Stuttering lag in StarCraft 2 - YouTube

P.S. Just did a traceroute and pathping. Not sure if it’s ok to paste results here with IP address and everything? I am on vodafone broadband (uses BT infrastructure) in the UK if that helps.

P.P.S. Changed my DNS servers to 1.1.1.1 and that seems to have fixed it. Either that or rebooting the router again!