Bug: "Infested Terror" can't be achieved

The achievement “Infested Terror” (under Versus -> Unranked/Ranked) requires as follows:
Destroy 30 units with Infested Terrans in an Unranked or Ranked game.
Since there are no Infested Terrans in sc2 anymore (as of patch 4.11.0), this seems impossible.
Maybe the achievement should be moved to Feats of Strength then.
Update:
Considering “Infested Terror” can’t be achieved, “Supreme Being” (under Versus) can’t be achieved as well, because “Supreme Being” requires “Infested Terror”.

2 Likes

Have you tried to play in the WoL or HotS version?

A few months ago I did an achievement that involved killing 6 units with a Raven’s Seeker Missile. I played on a random map, in the WoL or HotS version.

Go to Custom -> in the tab next to Ladder Maps, where it says Legacy of the Void, click it and change to WoL or HotS.
Choose a map and play it.

It worked for me and I got the achievement.
Good Luck.

You are talking about the achievement “Beep, Beep, Boom”. It says, “Destroy 6 units with a single Seeker Missile in a Melee game”, and can be found under Versus -> Melee Combat. So that’s why the way you did it worked just fine.
But these custom melee games do not count as Unranked or Ranked games.

Yes, you’re right :slight_smile:
Silly me… I forgot it was suppose to be a 1v1 match.
I apologize.

Regarding that case, maybe you can post it in the Tech support forums to let them know.

Perhaps the achievement might be removed or changed to a Melee match instead of 1v1.

I have now posted this on the technical support forum.
ZERGB, do you or someone from experience know if and when Blizzard’s technicians will respond?

I honestly don’t know, but I think they might respond.

Hello JiLambda !

I don’t currently have an answer for you on this, but we’re looking into it. Thanks for the report!

1 Like

The achievement “Infested Terror” (under Versus -> Unranked/Ranked) requires as follows:
Destroy 30 units with Infested Terrans in an Unranked or Ranked game.
Since there are no Infested Terrans in sc2 anymore (as of patch 4.11.0), this seems impossible.
Maybe the achievement should be moved to Feats of Strength then.
Considering “Infested Terror” can’t be achieved, “Supreme Being” (under Versus) can’t be achieved as well, because “Supreme Being” requires Infested Terror.

Note that going to Custom -> Melee and setting to HotS or WoL isn’t a solution as this wouldn’t be an Unranked or Ranked game.
Consider moving it from the Unranked/Ranked to the Melee Categorie.

2 Likes

It was already moved to Melee section and you can get it in any Melee game, but they didn’t change the description, it still says “Unranked or Ranked”.

As zizo0003 already said correctly, the bug has been fixed in the meantime to the extent that Supreme Being no longer needs Infested Terror and Infested Terror is now also accessible through a Melee game and can also be found in the Melee category.
Only the description is now wrong. Instead of “Destroy 30 units with Infested Terrans in a Melee game,” it still says "Destroy 30 units with Infested Terrans in an Unranked or Ranked game.