Cannot re-connect after lost connection

Hello

I have dynamic ip. After connection lost due to ip change i am unable to re-connect to the game despite having an internet connection and being logged into battle net.

Game states “trying to reconnect” indefinitely and forces to surrender. This is so frustrating - i had 40 min game , lost connection for few seconds and gg.
Is there any way to fix this?

1 Like

Greetings Zyzio

In these situations I recommend that you follow these standard connection troubleshooting steps to make sure you properly connect without facing that error:

This should fix the issue for you and allow you to connect without further issues. :slight_smile:

Proposed solution is for people who can’t launch the game which is not a case here.

1. I play sc2 for example arcade
  2. Lost connection for few seconds while in battle
  3. Got new ip as a result of dynamic ip
  4. Game is “paused” and it is trying to reconect.
  5. Nothing happens and game stays in that state forever forcing to surrender.
    6 It does not work despite me having internet. I can alt-tab while game is trying to reconnect and open whatever site i want.

Is there a way to fix reconnecting ? It so frustrating losing connection for few seconds and being unable to reconnect despite having a internet connection. (I think new ip here is a problem)

Hey again Zyzio

Your IP should not be changing mid game, which is unusual, so in order for us to try and see what is going on I would request that your perform a WinMTR test so we can try to track what may be causing these issues.
Just reply back to this post with the WinMTR test posted using Pastebin.
Hopefully we can try to get to the bottom of this. :slight_smile:

Hello.

I think you miss the point. My ip is changing everytime i lose internet connection. For example my ip a.b.c.1 and i start a game with it. Then i lose connection for whatever reasons and my ip changes to a.b.c.2. (this is how dynamic ip works) Game is in paused state and i cannot reconnect mid game despite having internet. Today it happened again forcing me to surrender another game. I may run the test when it will happen again however i don’t know what can it show. As i have internet connection normally - simply game client does not allow to reconnect to the game during a match.

Hey Zyzio,

Thank you for clarifying that. Initially, I thought you were disconnecting because your IP was updated mid-game. I would strongly suggest you do have a close look into the Connection Troubleshooting Support Article, to see if we can prevent the disconnects from taking place all together. A few of those steps have already been mentioned here before, so you do not have to redo steps you have already taken previously.

Note that if this does not improve things for you, I would strongly suggest you contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and ask them to look into this further with you. You mentioned loosing your internet connection completely (not just a disconnect from the game), so something is causing a bit of trouble for you.

I don’t think this would have anything to do with the dynamic IP, or IP change itself but I do understand your frustration. If this continues to happen for you, please report it as a bug on the dedicated bug reporting forum so it can be investigated further.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

Hello

Again! Lost connection and re-connect function haven’t work

Below winmtr (i can’t paste links)

https://pastebin.com/zUxRARbS

Please fix this!

Zyzio

was there ever a resolution to this? I have a friend who seems to have the same problem. Will drop connection once, and then won’t be able to reconnect

3 Likes

Is there any resolve to this???

This thread will be closed as it’s 7 months old. If you have the issue described here please provide the technical files to us, or contact Customer Support through the website.

Please upload your system files to pastebin.com and make a new topic with the links to the files using the preformatted text option to encapsulate the links.