Can't install Starcraft 2

Hello everybody,

It has been a lot since the last time I played it and yesterday I decided to reinstall it. First I tried through Battle.net app and it got stuck after I clicked on “confirm installation” after choosing installation options. It simply stays there forever with the loading triangle animation going on forever.
I waited today and tried again, same problem. Computer is up to date as well as the app.
Then I tried reinstalling the app first, same problem.
Than I tried to download the Starcraft direct installer, without the app, same problem.
I have the screenshot of the loading screen where it gets stuck forever, but I’m not allowed to put links.

Pls help!

Hi there KuL4,

For more info and troubleshooting steps for this, check out the support article here:

As for adding a screenshot, you can share links in your post as Preformatted text by highlighting your link and clicking the </> icon or writing the link between ``. To share files with us, you can use a page like Pastebin.com or share directly with us through OneDrive.

If you need us to help take a closer look, we’d need you to provide your system files as well, either in a reply to this thread or via support ticket if you don’t want to post them publicly.

Thank you for the reply and for explaining me better how to use this forum.
As a matter of fact I already saw that troubleshooting article and tried everything that was suggested, but without success.
I will post the screen here just in case somebody has the same issue, this is the screen where I get stuck and the loading animation in the lower right corner going on forever: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoGnwUCoWJoolXnUBMEZF2lDmsTg?e=ZPofYh

As for the system files I will open a support ticket

2 Likes

I realize it’s been a year, but did you ever find a solution to this? I play SCII almost every day, but today when I tried to play it said there was an update. However, I wasn’t able to install the update so I ended up uninstalling the game completely and now I’m in the same boat as KuL4 (installation icon just keeps spinning). I also tried reinstalling the Battle.net launcher and had no success.

2 Likes

It’s happening to a lot of people, just rename or delete your SCII folder at C:\Users\Name\Documents\StarCraft II

9 Likes

Well dayum, that worked like a charm. Here I was struggling with this stupid glitch for the past few hours and there you have it. Thanks for the help man.

Oh thank you, Ronski!!!

So annoying… Thanks Ronksi!!

That did the trick for me too. Thanks so much for posting this!

Helped me too, thanks very much!

so simple yet blizzard chose not to include this in their specific “can’t install starcraft II” page. thanks for actually helping.

I still have the issue and did all the fixes proposed here. Nothing - I can´t install and always get the failure code:

BLZBNTAGT0000084B

I can install any other game from battle.net but not SC2! :frowning:

I’ll be locking this thread out as it is exceedingly old. Given the information you provided, can you ensure that you do not have your documents folder synced to onedrive.

Unlike other games, both SC2 and Heroes of the storm need permissions to access to this folder and can generate this error as a result. If this does not resolve the issue, test if it occurs under a new administrator account.

If this doesn’t resolve the issue, please create a new post. ^^