Can't we play on slower speeds in campaign?

I replay sc2 campaign every once in a while since it’s still my favourite RTS game after all these years, but the years are taking it’s toll. I’m not as young or quick anymore, but i still love the challenge of a good AI. Why can’t i play harder difficulties on slower game speed? I have no interest in playing multiplayer, no desire to get competetive, just want to enjoy the game at my own pace. If it’s for achievements and such, why not just disable them for slower game speeds, or even add it as a cheat code to be able to change game speeds? Please Blizzard, give us the option at least.

1 Like

That can be actually a way to train how to do the map, and than to do it on brutal (for achievement) on normal speed

good idea

go into settings. I’m fairly sure you can slow the game in the options under the game section. It has something referencing “game speed”.
It’s from memory so I’m not certain that that is exact phrasing of what it will be under but there is something that allows you to alter the game speed all the way to brutal.

I only know this because it starts at “normal speed” when multiplayer is on faster and I like my games to match that even in the campaign.

you cant, it was in gameplay settings, but when you played campaign - it was not possible to change from faster speed, and i just checked - now it’s not appear at all, and hotkeys that supposed to change speed settings doesnt work in campaign, at least on brutal diff, i know thats done cause the brutal campaign achievement is supposed to be really hard

The game speeds are hard coded into the difficulties. The lower the difficulty, the more speed choices.

Wings:

• Casual - All speeds
  • Normal - All speeds
  • Hard - Fast and Faster
  • Brutal - Faster only (the slider isn’t present)

Swarm and Void Prologue:

• Casual - Slow, Normal, Fast, Faster
  • Normal - Slow, Normal, Fast, Faster
  • Hard - Fast and Faster

Void main campaign and Void Epilogue and Covert Ops:

• Casual - Slow, Normal, Fast, Faster
  • Normal - Normal, Fast, Faster
  • Hard - Fast and Faster
1 Like