Co-op - Why do pretty much everyone suck ?

I know the title is not nice but really, I did like 50 games with people who can’t even beat the 1st wave… How am I supposed to carry the game with such mutation and such allies ? And when people do manage to do the 1st wave, they usually die to the first train. Why do I bother crushing it as soon as it spawn to see my ally fail after that ? I usually quit before…
Never managed to win even 1 coop this week.

SO GUYS PLEASE, kill all the unit before anything else, and go for the train as soon as possible don’t wait him at the middle of the map, PLEASE!

I think that, for mutations, you should turn to chat and find someone who, like you, wants to beat it on brutal. Chances are they will know what to do so you can team up. I usualy did this, it also gives you time to discuss tactics.

Finally did it with a pretty good kerrigan players, and as we failed the first time we actually teamed up without a word. We did not need to chat because we both knew what to do.

And for the people who could not do it, he had a pretty clever idea, never saw that before but quite brilliant I think : He made several nydus network and built many nydus as meat shield everywhere to delay attack waves, worked wuite well.

I realize this is somewhat of an old thread, but from the perspective of a “returning player” who was away for many years… I had actually failed like 2 dif co-op missions, not because i didnt follow the game’s instructions, nor from starting with a high difficulty level
but instead I felt it was due to the unintuitiveness of how Co-Op missions will alert players of the changing objectives. As the alerts themselves matter very little and REQUIRE Prior Knowledge of the co-op mission in order to complete them within allotted time given.
(I am basing this on “Casual” difficulty level)

Anyway, sucks that this was happening to the OP. but just thought i would point out that CoOp missions from the perspective of a new/returning player will APPEAR BROKEN. Which is not only extremely discouraging to potentially grow the playerbase, but is also Quite UNFAIR for the veteran players who have repeated these missions 1000s of times & do not understand why so many players would be having much issue in the first place.

I personally do not recall myself having much issue on the map with Trains, but i did at one time try matching outside the first 3 difficulty levels (casual,normal,hard) FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE of learning from a more experienced player (why the mission kept failing, despite my doing what the game told me to do. IE following the alert cues.)

for context it was the Coop mission where both armies need to be present for the 1v1 cliff pushing thing in the middle. Sry dont recall the name, but the mission is actually quite fun, and not too difficult either. AFTER you already know wtf to do tho…

Does anyone else see where i’m coming from with this? IMO the OP may not have had such an issue, or at least not to the extent of ~50 teammates failing their missions… if the “Alert Timing” or some other method of “Explaining the Missions b4 they begin” were PROPERLY PUT IN PLACE.

& i mentioned “casual” difficulty level as its my opinion that newer/returning players should be able to learn how to play the game on these lower difficulty levels, without having to go through what this (most likely veteran) OP went through, of failing over and over and over and over and OVER again, AND Honestly not knowing why the mission failed. Which may lead to, (what i did) of the inexperienced players seeing little choice but to Join a Higher Difficulty level mission (potentially burdening a player) just so they can learn how to play the game.

IMO this is something Blizzard should have already fixed or should deeply consider at some point, as they are the one’s who establish the difficulty level throughout the game. i was a bit embarrassed to fail a mission on casual, it doesnt really make much sense. (most other games i am fine beginning at Hard/Difficult or final dif settings without issue) but yeah i can imagine that the average player who FAILS on CASUAL will be so discouraged that they will simply find a different game for their time.

old thread, old answer, but your point even assuming it is true is irrelevant in my case because I played in brutal.

As somsone who has done that mission on brutal (I think also the mutation, but that depends)
You don’t “need” to kill everything up to the base and the train at the start. It is a hyper efficient tactic, sure, but it isn’t necessary for victory.
Don’t blame any player for not being aware of that tactic.

I meant killing the wave coming with the train.
And if I recall it was mutation with polarity and units respawning after death.
So yeah you really needed to kill everything first otherwise your mate would face unkillable units and lose his whole army and maybe even base in the process. And train were also affected by polarity btw which means only one player could destroy it and we had up to 6 trains to kill at the same time. And if you can kill that many trains so fast that you are done before the attack waves coming after trains come while facing polarity and while not working on trains asap, you must be very good.

I don’t need any help doing coop mission, my mate can afk it doesnt matter. The worst mission are the on requiring my ally to do something, like chain of ascension and lock and load where I have cleared the map and I am just chilling waiting my ally to end.
Now this change if you have polarity, It is an old post and you don’t know what you are talking about. So don’t blame me for me blaming people uncapable of doing a mutation in hard and still trying in brutal.

1 Like