Guess I can't play SC2 anymore?

Recently while doing a replay of the campaign after a few years the game just decided to stop loading. I went online to see if I could find a solution only to find that numerous others have been having this issue for quite some time without any real solution.

I’ve spent several hours trying to get it working now and have tried many of the different workarounds suggested by others from using the CND command with the script, shutting off my firewall, turning off my internet connection and attempting to load up the game through the folder, restarting my PC, reinstalling the game, attempting to repair the game and so on and absolutely nothing works. Anytime I try and open the game I just get an endless green loading bar with nothing else. I even tried leaving it for an hour and coming back and nothing. Honestly this is extremely frustrating. I don’t get tons of free time and I’ve just wasted a good chunk of my weekend on something that is suppose to help me unwind on an issue that apparently many have been having for ages now without any real support. Honestly if I can’t get this working by the end of the day I think I’m done with Blizzard games at this point even as someone who has played since the SC1 and WC1 days.

2 Likes

Heya Isichar,

This is mostly caused by limited connection to the game servers. Most often this is caused by background applications and closing as many possible could very well resolve this. Similarly, if you do have one drive enabled, please also try unsyncing your documents folders with it.