I cant play Multiplayer

Every time I log on. It says ‘cannot connect to blizzard services’ leaving me unable to play any kind of multiplayer
Im not good with computers, and cant do all the neccesary things required to speak tro customer services!!!
There is no phone number, and no email. leaving me unable to speak to anyone who can solve my problem.

Please. Please. Can someone at blizzard contact me. I just want to be able to play the game!

Sorry to hear that you’ve been having some issues connecting to Starcraft II.

Given the issue, I would start off by turning off your router/modem for 2-3 minutes, then restarting it. If you do still have issues, a tech savvy friend should be able to help you through the our general guide here.

If you prefer more one-to-one support we can only offer that via tickets which you can create here.

Thanks, but the problem is I cant make a ticket,

I dont know how to do tracer route
or attach the neccessary files.

Its very complicated for someone who is not good at computers

surely there is some way i can be in contact with support?

ill pay. Ill rebuy the game! I just want to be able to play again

The instructions are in the articles with the ticket submission much like the guide we provided here. If this isn’t your forté to the point where you are unable to work through these yourself, you should chat with a local tech-savvy friend as they will be able to guide you through the steps.

This is staggeringly poor customer service, I can’t believe how arrogant that response is!

I’m so frustrated right now.

You’ve been less than no help