I hate TvP please balance

I have read a few other people’s posts that are terran complaining about the lack of balance in terran vs protoss matches favoring protoss and in playing about 5000 games over the years in each expansion I tend to agree that whatever the protoss mechanics are they are unfairly favored over terran. I am platinum and currently I have 56% win TvZ, 50 % win TvT, and 40% win TvP. I have read other people in diamond have lower win rates in TvP as low as 28%!!! OMG that screams unbalanced more than my 40% win rate. (I am just finding more information from the community and from twitch streamers.) I find this match the only frustrating thing and it makes me want to stop playing. I think that the average player’s experience is also important not just the pro scene. That is the bread and butter. It seems like if changes are made to individual protoss or terran units to balance it will only help those who use those units and won’t balance the match as whole and that’s a hard problem to fix I understand. I think perhaps something about changing chrono boost abilities would be more of a whole game fix but what do I know?! I feel like if I don’t end a TvP match early I tend to lose as most terrans do late game. Please do something !!! Unfair! Unfair!

1 Like

Hi Zero, I agree that the Protoss are unbalanced. If you look at the game mechanics, the other 2 races have to use a worker to build structures. 3 structures = 3 workers not gathering resources, but the protoss probes can go and lay down 6 structures rapidly. Hence all the weenies laying down 6 stargates! This totally unbalances the game, especially early on and that affects the whole game as time goes on. The fix? 1 probe has to attend to the warp in, just like the other the other races.

According to total EU data [1] Protoss player have 0.2 winratio higher than Terran player.

My PvT was lowest win-ratio (Diamond 2), it is often a personal thing.

Economy isn’t mirrored.
Zergs have best production, Terrans have free workers, Protoss have Chrono.
It is all considered and balanced.

If you’re looking for inbalance, look somewhere else. You don’t seem to be experienced enough to even understand what you’re suggesting.

3 Likes

The game is Economy based.Yes? So what I am saying applies. I am a qualified systems engineer. So my point is that pulling workers off harvesting to build structures is fundamental to the game, especially early on when you have few workers. Terrans only free workers are Mules and they can’t build anything.
Zerg lose workers to build structures.

A possible fix could be that Ptoss can only warp in the amount of warpgates and stargates they have. 3warpgates +3Stargates and they can warp in 6 structures at a time. By mid game it is no longer an issue.

No. It’s way more complex.

Protoss have superior economy and Terran has superior units, Marines are cost efficient, cheap to produce and scale nicely into late game.
The game isn’t meant to be balanced in particular elements like economy or units. It is meant to balanced as a whole picture of race vs race.

Probably a more clear example:
Zerg has inferior economy than protoss in first 220 seconds of the match. (I do not remember correctly). However, then it blooms. Does Zerg need compensation for weak economy in early game? It actually has one already - Queens, which are cheap and powerful.

I feel Toss pylons should cost a worker.

Yes it would affect cheese tactics, but it would make the game more balanced when considering Toss Economy.

This would mean Pylons cost would need adjusting.