Installer on Mac not showing progress?

I’m trying to install Starcraft Remastered on a Mac.

The installer does not show any progress bar or % to indicate how it is going. All there is is a small spinning blue icon on the bottom right, which might mean there is progress, or it might mean nothing.

How am I supposed to know? Since the installation is 6.5 GB, this would take up to a few hours with my internet connection speed, so it would be great to know that it isn’t stuck.

This is what I’m seeing (the icon on the bottom right is animated)

imgur / 3gzWUdP

Update:

It seems that it was indeed not installing on the previous screen. I shut it down a few times, retried, clicked around and finally got the idea to change folder from the default install folder. After choosing another folder and clicking “install”, a different screen comes up and shows progress as it should.

Too bad that it took a bunch of hours of clueless waiting to figure this out.

Actual install screen: imgur /a/A7yOzkK

1 Like

Hello!

Please turn off the Mac completely (not sleep mode.)
Turn it back on and try again. If the issue persists please perform the following steps:

1. Press windows key + R > Type %programdata% > Click OK > Delete the Battle.net and Blizzard Entertainment folders
  2. Press windows key + R > Type %appdata% > Click OK > Delete the Battle.net folder
  3. Press windows key + R > Type %localappdata% > Click OK > Delete the battle.net and Blizzard Entertainment folders

If you still have issues please follow: