Invalid server issue

I keep getting the error

“you have attempted to connect to an invalid server”

I have tried the following to fix it

Reinstall the game
delete cache
restore firewall defaults
corrected windows host file
tried 3 different connections (same router just 3 different ways to connect, 1 wired and 2 wireless)
restarted both pc and router twice
tried U.S., Asia, and Europe

This seems to only effect SC2 as I can log in and play Hearthstone and WC3

Hi Did you get it fixed I also can’t get in

Hey there,

Typically this error means the specific version of the game service you are trying to login to is not available.

If you are setting to US, Europe and Asia and getting that error then it is possible something with the battlenet app itself is corrupted or altered causing it to point to the wrong executable.

If you have any PTR versions of the game client installed, delete them. Then do the following:

1. Open file explorer/file manager (Right Click Windows Start)
  2. Navigate to the folder where the desktop application would normally be installed. Delete that folder if it exists (usually program files x86)
  3. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA% and press enter.
  4. Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
  5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with %PROGRAMDATA% %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
  6. Empty the recycle bin.
  7. Now reinstall the app to the C: Drive.
  8. Login, have it locate your games and verify game data. Retest.

If that doesn’t solve the issue, then I recommend submitting a ticket with an msinfo attached for further investigation. (instructions for collecting that msinfo report will be on the form.)

Click your name at the top right of this page, click support, click contact support.

1 Like

You want me to delete the entire SC2 folder?

Jaycee, I’m using PDAnet for android, figured out my issue but unless you are using the same it won’t work for you.

I changed from IPv6 to IPv4 and that fixed it