[linux][wine][lutris] Unable to start up Starcraft 2 Map Editor

I get as far as 12 seconds into loading the editor. I believe it maybe the logo that causes the issue but, I’m not too sure.

When I reviewed the Performance issues for Starcraft II, I have tried all that I can to fix the issue.

I really don’t want to dual boot/VM or separate computer for this since I’ve had too many technical issues with Windows (other than 3.11, xp and 7. They’re now out of date)

I’m running lutris and maybe able to configure it to run Proton Wine setup to see if their latest changes may allow editor but, it’s a long shot. Wondering if any other linux players have found a way to run their map editor.

Running Latest Ubuntu,
nvidia 1050ti
12 gigs DDR3
Athlon X4

Edit:
For some reason I can run a terminal inside lutris profile and manually execute the editor. This is a little strange since I might actually have the required Windows DLLs for the editor to run in my default wine profile but not in my SC2 profile.

Now my question is: What Windows redistributes do I need to install to run SC2 editor?

1 Like

i too has this problem. It seems to load fine but fails at the last step. i installed via Lutris.
"
Operating System: KDE neon 5.22
KDE Plasma Version: 5.22.3
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.84.0
Qt Version: 5.15.3
Kernel Version: 5.12.17-xanmod1 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 12 × AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
Memory: 15,6 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: AMD PITCAIRN