Mac: SCII crashes after game completes

This seems to be a new bug, following the latest patch. Once a game completes, the engine crashes due to an exception. I’m seeing the following in my console:

Subsystem: com.apple.securityd
Category: security_exception
Thread Id: 0x2d5974
Exception: UNIX error exception: 17

This seems to suggest EEXIST being the issue.

$security error 100017
Error: 0x000186B1 100017 UNIX[File exists]

2 Likes

Good morning GliTCH,

This is being looked into at the moment.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

1 Like

Yep happening to me too - looks like I’m wasting my time reinstalling the game
where was the “heads up” Blizzard ?

Its happening to me too…

Oh yes! So happy im not alone in this <3 I’ve tried re-install, scan/repair, etc. Nothing works. Good Blizzard is looking into it !

Me too! 10 times already.

Finally, the thread I was looking for!
Please, check this issue up as soon as possible.
I can’t even play custom games and it lags like hell.

Have the same issue.

Same here.
Mac book pro Sierra 10.13.6.

Same here, this is extremely annoying.

It even happens when I simply exit a game lobby, and also, connecting to the US servers from the EU fails 4/5 of the times on authentification, with an error message prompting to play Offline appearing for less than a second on screen before disappearing.

All the above happening only since latest patch.

1 Like

Having the same Issue. looks likes its all mac users. still 3 days with no fix. :confused:

Same problem here. 3 out of 3 games after installing the new patch crash exactly when a game is ending (at victory screen)
744F63AE-30D4-496E-BD67-DB9099620229
playing on a mid2010 iMac that never had any issues with the game up to before installing the patch yesterday

1 Like

Any updates on this?

2 Likes

I had a notification : Starcraft II ready for playing.
So I immediately started the game, and wonder oh wonder, it did not crashed at the end.
So I assume they fix it. A bit disappointed there is no update or mentioning of the fix in the patch notes.

Hi All, I think I might have stumbled on something. For those who on macos like me, could you start a game - mine was custom. At the end, instead of exit to score screen, could you rewind? I let mine play for a couple seconds and then selected exit replay - AND NO CRASH!! Once I did that the first time I could exit the next games fine. Just curious if this could help somebody out! Hope this helps!!

• Ant

Now it works again since new patch this morning. Thank you Blizzard!