Monitor resolution on ultrawide

Hi,
I’m trying to play this game on my ultrawide, however:
Fullscreen option results in the game being stretched, I assume due to PVP advantage which is fine but why not black bars on the sides?
In windowed mode I have to position my mouse just perfect on the edge to scroll the screen.
In windowed fullscreen windows taskbar is on top of the game so it covers a part of it and prevents me from moving the camera down.

How do you play this game on ultrawide?
What is the reason behind this potato programming?

4 Likes

Hello Max :slight_smile:

The “stretching” of the game while in full screen is normally due to Scaling settings set on a driver level. The management software for your GPU drivers (eg nvidia or amd control panels) should have a section related to scaling where you can set the related behaviour.

Setting the option to “no scaling” should allow you to play in letterbox, with black bars on the side :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OMG thank you I’ve been looking for this answer for so long…

I don’t want to play in letterbox with black bars on the side. I want to play in full screen ultrawide 21:9 resolution just like Dota2 and Diablo III. Please fix it, thank you.

3 Likes

Dear Santa,

I really wish that Blizzard will enable 21:9 support for single player and co-op for SC2 as its one of my favorite games of all times. Nothing will make ME and a few MILLION others happier at the end of this terrible year. Stay safe!

Cheers

4 Likes

If you would like to see something brought to Starcraft II, the best place to discuss this is via the General Discussion forums, which can be found here: