Online or 1-vs-ai game crashes after a very short time of playing

Good afternoon,

Every time i start an online game, or a 1 vs ai game, the game starts without problem. But after (at most) a few minutes of playing, the game suddenly quits and i am thrown back to the blizzard application, with or without an error reporting window.

I am running on a clean and legal windows 10 1909 without any cracked software or other nasty things. My hardware is modern and more than fast enough. My videocard is a (relatively older) nvidia geforce gtx 970, drivers version 8.1.940.0 (from nividia control panel).

I sent a handful of error reports but would like to

• be updated about the bug/fix status,
  • make an “official” notification/bugreport (through this message) and
  • ask if i can send you any diagnostic data to help you in your search.

My gut says that this seems like a typical IPC-issue, but i have nothing else for you to go on now, except the sent-in bug reports. The online gaming is for me the most important part of the recently bought game. I would really appreciate it if you could resolve this issue.

Best regards,

Gerard.

Hi! My first advice would be to go ahead and grab the latest drivers for the 970 manually from the NVIDIA website: GeForce Game Ready Driver | 451.67 | Windows 10 64-bit | NVIDIA

This should hopefully resolve the issue. If the issue persists, please upload your system files to pastebin.com and reply with the links to the files using the preformatted text option to encapsulate the links.

Good evening Ixthocaesil.

After the patch released about a day after my report, the game started working. I couldn’t find this post back even though i went searching for it. I assumed it was removed because the issue was actually fixed!

Now today, about two hours ago or so, blizzard pushed a new patch. It broke the game again - same symptoms as before. In the meanwhile i enjoyed hours and hours of playing (on the previous patch). My video drivers were -and are- okay. I will update them anyway this weekend.

Is there something i can do to help you troubleshoot this issue? Your bug reporter (doesn’t always pop up, but once it did) sent a message from my account about an hour ago.

I rebooted my system multiple times, ran through several fix-most lists of actions from the forum, but nothing seems to work yet. Also, I gathered the system files for you:
msinfo: https://pastebin.com/QcBfYHpA
dxdiag: https://pastebin.com/z0JPS0mA

Thank you very much for your time again and already,

The update also bought back the “game not starting” issue for many players, so they are likely related. Your report will be passed on as well as part of this, so hopefully the developers will be able to fix the cause again.

Good morning Ixthocaesil,

Thank you for the very speedy reply! Good to know the development team is working on it. I will await their next patch, and let you know the status afterward. Do you have any idea about (more or less) when the patch will become available?

Greetings,

EDIT: Just to try, i started a game vs ai again. The game cut out at around three minutes (usually around two). The bug report window appeared and i filed a report which you can find by reference AD3E581B-DC05-42B0-AE14-84FCC0E481B3.

EDIT (30th of august): The recently published patch did not fix the game for me. I still require your assistance. What could be our next step?