SC unplayable after last patch

I have just installed latest patch and suddenly the entire game has become unplayable. I can start the game, but as soon as I select custom the game freezes and I have to exit the game using task manager

5 Likes

Same situation here. Never had this behavior in the EU server before.

1 Like

My interface is slow, and can barely join custom game lobbies, and when the game commences, Starcraft 2 freezes and I have to kill the task. Looks like this patch didn’t complete testing.

2 Likes

same issue, played for 10yrs without problem but yesterdays patch destroyed it.

and now that im here, this pop-up shows up:

Welcome to SC2 Forums — thanks for contributing!

• Does your reply improve the conversation in some way?
  • Be kind to your fellow community members.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome, but criticize ideas, not people.

Does Blizzard know what kind of stuff is being said in the open chat of SCII? Yesterday was a whole seminar on “why the blacks are inferior”…

1 Like

FIX: Go settings on sc2, social, turn mature language filter off. With it on, game lags and mine goes to 1fps, becomes unplayable. Example of me turning it on and then off, u can see fps top left

2 Likes

same for me, custom game are loading to a certain point than it freezes just before loading game. i actually have to restart the pc! been a while since i had to do that for a game that freezes 0-0

update after 2 hours: as of now everything is working perfectly again

update again after 2 hours: could play couple of custom games in a row and then suddenly freezing while loading a next map. i wonder if they don’t have a network problem. the maps are hosted on their servers…

nope! doesn’t work. it is definitly patch related…

Works for me. When you open starcraft just go straight to options, social, mature filter off… ive had no issues since:)

1 Like

how the fk u can fail with a pach to such old game… FML!
reintalled SC2 and Battlenet, still not working… just waw!

Go settings on sc2, social, turn mature language filter off

2 Likes

Just tried this, it didn’t work. Game keeps crashing within a minute.

what did work was adjusting the allowances in windows defender

Turn off the mature language filter in SC2 - Social - Chat.
It works for me.

1 Like

Thanks, that mature language filter turn-off fixed it for me.
In my case normal ladder games worked, but as soon as I clicked into the chat the game froze. Also, it seemed that if I tried to chat while in a ladder game, the game started to stutter too.

And: I’m pretty sure I switched the mature language filter off before, so it must have been switched on again by a patch.

I had the same issue. Make sure you turn off mature language in both desktop app and in game. They both have to be switched off in order for it to work.

1 Like

And this is it? It is ridiculous, pal.
Blizzard, YOU ARE PATHETIC! CAN YOU ONLY ONE TIME MAKE THINGS BETTER, NOT WORST AFTER EVERY “PATCH”, “UPGRADE” OR “PROPHYLACTIC”???

Test before deploy!!

Same here. I tried all 3 servers and on all the game freezes . Everyone is complaining.

Today’s patch fixed it for me. Thank you Blizzard.