SC2 takes VERY long time to launch

Hello everyone, since a couple of days SC2 takes several minutes to launch (3-5 minutes). This is new behaviour. It was bothersome, so I did a complete wipe of my OS (reformat and fresh Windows 10 install), but the problem persists. My computer is pretty good; I launch the game from SSD, RTX2060, i7 CPU etc.

It’s a new behaviour since a couple of days, it used to launch in mere seconds. Anyone else have this issue or ideas what I can do about it? As I said, I tried wiping battle net folder and all other similiar suggestions, then completely wiped my system and reinstalled everything, nothing works. Drivers and everything else are, of course, up to date.

Thanks.

EDIT: To be clear, the issue is with launching the game, not loading a map / match.

2 Likes

i have this too did u find a fix?

1 Like

I got this problem as well and didn’t find a solution anywhere else. It used to start pretty quick in former times but now, after a break of mine, it takes several minutes with a small window , title “Starcraft 2” and a bar with a ongoing shifting green bar. When left running it starts after a while, min 5 Minutes.

Edit: Seems to be a temporary problem. It starts perfectly fast now.

2 Likes

I am having this problem too now.

Ditto. Takes 10min to start. New player/install. Mac 11.1. SC2 5.0.6 as of now.

This worked for me:

1. Navigate to your SC2 Directory (in Battle.net Client → Show in Explorer)
  2. Under the base directory navigate to: <sc2 directory>\SC2Data\config\
  3. Open directory “3b” (create if it doesn’t exist)
  4. Open directory “93” (create if it doesn’t exist)
  5. Make sure you are in <sc2 directory>\SC2Data\config\3b\93\
  6. Create or replace the file with the name “3b938eed7536396b1d7a000ca9b2cd39” (you might want to backup your version of the file in case this didn’t work).
    Make sure the file is being created without an extension (if you don’t know how to do that, just google “how to create file without extension in windows” and open the first result)
    The file must have the following content (replace <empty line> with an actual empty line):

key-2c37ee593d8e0c07 = cb017b81e2071b3984f8d380c7770777
key-145df70b651ef9d7 = 4258eefa148c94c5cd0ad0f65f4b05f0
<empty line>

!!! Important is that you leave one empty line at the end of these two lines. !!!

1. Save the file and go back to the Battle.net client
  2. Launch SC2.
  3. Go Cannonrush or Mass Voidray and enjoy.
2 Likes

Dude, don’t know how you got this idea, but it works:)
Big THX!