Screen Flicker and tearing

I have been playing SC:2 for a few days now and I’ve really been enjoying it. Until today, I’ve been using an old Sanyo tv to play on with no issues. Today I purchased a new monitor and have been having issues with flicker and screen tearing. The monitor I purchased is an AOC G2460PF. It’s a 144hz monitor with 1ms response at 1080p with freesync capability. For a graphics card I’ve got an rx580 8gb (again I’d like to state this worked without issue on the t.v.)

So far I have tried a few workaround that I have found online and will list them below:

• Scan and repair

• Windowed Fullscreen

• Enabling V-sync in game.

• Changing resolution in game

So far none of these workarounds have worked at all. I’d hate to have to switch back to that crappy old t.v. just to play this game. Please help.

Update: Since my last post I have tried more troubleshooting to no avail. I have taken the following steps:

• Each and every display driver available to my monitor.
  • Updating/rollback gpu driver.
  • Reverting wattman setting to factory instead of OC+.
  • All display frequency ranges from 60Hz-144Hz.

Hello Zeddicus,

Please try these steps here to solve your issue.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Well the game seems to run just fine at the lowest graphical setting. Honestly, that’s a problem. Is there no other workaround for this?

Hello again,

Have you checked if you are using the latest driver for your graphics card?

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Yes I’ve just installed it.

Edit: My apologies. It was the display driver I had updated. I just checked and the gpu is up to date as well.

Edit: I have solved the issue. It seems the fix is to allow windows to update the driver for you (it was somehow able to find one I couldn’t find on my own) and to play at 120hz instead of 144hz. It seems AOC was full of it when they said this monitor could do 144hz as it does it in CS:GO as well.

1 Like