Semi-Noob needs input . Help please!

I’ve been playing for about 9 months. I made it through the campaign, and started playing AI. (I played co-op, but was lost . Didn’t make any friends that day!) So I’m doing AI for the last 5 months. I breezed thru Very Easy, had some difficulty in Easy, got into Medium and I’m like back to day 1. I have never won 2 games in a row on Medium. I don’t know what I can do to cross that threshold into the next level. I am asking some of you guys to give me timing tips, build order, whatever helped you become the SCII monsters that you are.

Well… first and foremost… Do you have any favorite / main race?
Zerg? Protoss? Terran?
Also, could we get some rough descriptors of how you play? Maybe even a recording if such a thing is possible. Would help a ton.

Will genuintely get you to diamond in these days easy. The actual timings aspect, not so much.

There aren’t any youtubers explaining that aspect to the extent that day9 did in his day but the mechanics and many other of his videos will give you the analytical tools to understand what the current meta is.

At the same time, his tutorial on the mechanical aspect will give you the tools you need to understand it on your own.

The “food” aspect isn’t really relevant anymore given that most builds are currently about maxing out on mineral workers before gas though.

That last part, you will understand completely, and progress in all aspects quickly if you watch the video I have linked eventually, if not immediately.