Starcraft 2 tries to update every 5 minutes

Hello,

I have a weird issue, every couple of minutes sc2 tries to updates when the game is closed and the battlenet app is launched. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and the app, putting back settings to defaults everywhere I could in the app, scanning and repairing the game, manually checking for update but nothing seems to works. This is a weird one and I don’t know what to try to fix it.
Do you have any idea what I could try ?

Thank you.

Hello ivhen,

Your app might have some corrupted files. In doubt, you should :

1. Uninstall the Battle.net App
  2. Delete the Battle.net Tools
  3. Open file explorer/file manager
  4. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA%
  5. Delete the BNet and Blizzard folders inside the %APPDATA% folder if they exist
  6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 with %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
  7. Reinstall the Battle.net App in its default folder, on the C: drive

If it’s happening only after launching the game, please make sure to have it installed on a NTFS drive and unsync your Documents folder with Onedrive.

Hello Daernayc, thanks for your reply.

Issue seems to be solved now thank you for helping.

After following the steps you gave me, the issue persisted but you mentionned the folder in “documents”, I tried to delete it and let the game remake it and this fixed the issue. I used tools to get rid of onedrive when installing windows 10 and there could be some strange side effect maybe.

Everytime I start sc2, it will launch that “infinite loop” loading window, after 5-10 minutes a downloader pops up. And I will have to download the same amount every time I start starcraft 2!? The downloader isn’t really quick either, so another 10 minutes… just to launch!!

When I try to apply the “start offline” trick, it will say: can’t connect to blizzard servers. Wtf? Starcraft is supposed to be startable offline. It doesn’t even know there is a new update without being online.

• I could always start starcraft 2 offline in the past, say to watch a replay.

This reminds me very much of the arcade maps bug, where I have to redownload a huge map every few days (1-2 days) (no updates on the map, it can be any old map actually). Needless to say you can’t play most arcade maps offline that you already downloaded just a few days ago. (and again simple maps that you can just play offline, i.e. by disconnecting right after downloading them and then launching in the same start of sc2).