Starcraft II Editor on Apple Macbook M1

Starcraft II on Apple Macbook Air M1 work perfectly, but! I can’t run the Starcraft II Editor to play third-party maps, I see an error " StarCraft II has encountered an error while initializing your videocard. Please try starting StarCraft II again, or restarting your machine." Why? Some maps I can play from Starcraft itself, but downloaded from the Internet must be run through the Editor, which does not work. What do I do?

1 Like

I have the same problem, but i can neither launch the game itself nor the editor.
I have a newly bought MacBook Pro with an M1 processor.
The game was working fine at first with the default settings, but after i changed the API renderer from “Metal” to “OpenGL 4 (beta)” and restarting the game, my battle.net client refuses to launch the applications and simply gives me the same error message that you received.
I have tried uninstalling and manually removing all files that i can find to no success. I read somewhere in an older post that there’s a file called Variables.txt where you can set e.g. video settings, but I am unable to locate that file.

/Users/vadimverenitsyn/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/StarCraft II

I did exactly the same thing as you did. How is this setting saved, despite deleting this game and launcher multiple times and thoroughly with CleanMyMac? What can be done to reset this settings? Maybe rebooting OS?

Did you see this thread? How to use Starcraft 2 on Mac M1/Big Sur with Apple Silicon - #3 by JustinTy-1243 - Mac Technical Support - SC2 Forums

I FIXED IT and it was so easy… There is an option in battle.net launcher to restore all setting in game to default. You need to click this sprocket next to playing button in launcher and then click game settings.

1 Like

How do I find the menu?
I want to run the editor on Mac but frustrated because I cant

Click option icon placed right after “Play” button, then Game Settings > Reset In-Game Options