Starcraft III idea

Hello,
this is just an idea that I had past months about starcraft 3 and based on the interest online and the state of other competitive games I think this title could be working very well.

I think the issue with the current state of starcraft is that it’s stale but at the same time balancing the game for so many units and keeping adding units it’s nearly impossible.

A sweet solution to that could be keeping a default roster of units (for example the ones from Wings of Liberty) and then each season (every 4-6 months) you could add an additional roster of units that will only remain for that season.

This would keep the game constantly fresh, would promote creativity and could be very easily sellable for constant income - example battle passes to upgrade your units with sound effects, borders during loading screen, skins etc.

There’s a lot of interest for RTS games but there’s not a good enough game that wouldn’t have issues at the moment. Starcraft/Starcraft II are for a very long time seen as the best RTS games ever and this is shown by the immense community still existing nowadays and many players being interested in learning this game but feeling it’s too “old”.

Rather than wasting money on Overwatch 2 which has unfixable issues - Starcraft 3 with a heavy coop component that would allow players to play in a friendly and non competitive environment with the units roster swap system described above I think would make much more sense.

I’m just a random guy with an idea. I love this game so much I’d do anything to actually save it and restore it to its original glory.

Of course I don’t have neither the knowledge nor the resources to know whether this is actually a good or bad idea.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree but also need to keep it in a way that it will attract old and new players with a versatile roster and maybe perhaps coop but with 3 or more players and new coop options like king of hill or capture flag type to keep it going and to get more rewards and benefits from playing