Starcraft remastered on new MacBook M1

The “Open in Rosetta” option doesn’t show up in the app info.

1 Like

Thats because that particular option only shows up with universal apps, for intel and apple silicon

Hi I have the same issue with SC Remastered on my new Apple MacBook Air with M1 :frowning: Are there any news from the engineering team regarding the fix? Thanks

2 Likes

Does anyone find out the solution to fix SC Remastered with M1 chip ? :frowning: So boring without games :frowning:

1 Like

Same issue here with my M1 Mac Mini. Any news?

1 Like

No news (other than what I previously posted), though the discussion is still also happening on the US forums for Mac Users: Mac Technical Support - SC2 Forums

You can also post there and add your voices to the thread on the front page.

1 Like

Do you have an ETA for this or it’s just not going to happen?

Thank you very much

2 Likes

Any news ? I have the m1 too and still doesent work to lunch the program.

2 Likes

Have we had any update? Desperate to play it but it crashes instantly on launch!

3 Likes

Dear Blizzard,

Please update this thread!!! Work harder and finish the M1 version!!! cracks whip

Thank you

Same here, i hold my old mac with intel just fo sake of playing SC remastered. What a crap…

2 Likes

Up!!
Please do help to reply and fix this asap! I already switched my Mac to M1 chipset.
I do want to play the game with mac mini m1.

Hope developer can see it.

3 Likes

Just wanted to confirm that this is still an issue, but Blizzard are seemingly aware of it. There’s a good topic about this on the US SC:RM Technical Support forum here:

Application crashes immediately at startup.

I have followed a few suggestions I found on these forums and elsewhere to get this to work.

• I tried renaming my Mac to a simple single word with no special characters - no effect, still crashing on startup.
  • I lowered my screen resolution, no effect.
  • I attempted to disable vsync following instructions online, however it seems like the instructions were written for Starcraft 2 and don’t apply to Starcraft Remastered, and so I was unable to perform the “fix”.

Hoping that Blizzard notices this and gets it fixed - it’s the only application I have that doesn’t run flawlessly on the M1.

For Blizzard devs, I’ve included the stack trace for the crash below. I hope that this is helpful.

9 Likes

Hey,
So what’s goin on wit M1 patch? Game still have Apple logo.

4 Likes

Dear Blizzard team,
same here, please update any further information or timelines!

Cheers

3 Likes

Hi Guys!

Is there any information about this? i have been waiting for many months to play on m1 macbook.

Peter

6 Likes

Any status on this? I would like to get rid of my old computer, but cannot since my m1 wont play sc! #starcraft-ii-technical-support

2 Likes

Hey Blizzard - even CDProjekt patched Cyberpunk, so why don’t you repair Starcraft?

5 Likes

Hi Blizzard!
It would be great if you could share a status on this. Its been 4 months now since the release of the M1 and still nothing on this. We can’t play neither the original Starcraft nor the remastered.

5 Likes

Blizzard, hello? A whole community of gamers await your action. Please help us with a patch for this issue, or at minimum, give this forum an answer to progress. Thank you.

2 Likes