Start from Bronze 3

Hello,

I am just curious if there is a way to reset stats and start from the lowest league possible which is Bronze 3. Even if I lose all placement matches it doesn’t get me to Bronze 3.

I want to follow some youtube tutorial videos like from “Bronze to GM”, and I want to begin from scratch because it’s been a while since i last played.

And I am also wondering how some youtube streamers who do these tutorials advance so fast from league to league? I mean, I thought the season needs to end so you can be placed to the new league based on the MMR.

if stats are reset your initial mmr is around 2k. Much higher than bronze.
Placement matches can be random so who you play against can be any rank when you start an account.

Although when the initial league placement finishes you might be in one of the lower ranks, the mmr is important.

Currently I started a new account. I was in masters when I stopped playing a few years ago on my other account.
I’ve spent 8 multiplayer games so far. First set got me to silver with a diamond mmr.
This season I’ve played two games including the placement. I got gold and I’m still diamond mmr.

The league ranking is weird. Your mmr decides what rank you play against so that you get challenging games.

If I kept playing, I would get to diamond within about 10 games. I could probably push myself mechanically and get back to masters in about 50.

That’s down to the mmr trying to place you against people who are better than your league ranking in an attempt to stabalize your mmr fluctuation.
When you beat them it drastically increases your mmr until you start losing, and it attempts to place you in an equivilant league as you win and lose vs a certain mmr level.

The big difference between my day and now is that mmr is shown. If you asked that question a few years ago, I wouldn’t have an answer for you on either parts of your question.

1 Like

Still looking for the how-to here. Is there any way to do it without simply surrendering a bunch of games?