Team killing and AFK players

So today I have several games in which I have encountered with bad mannered players (Yes, we’re talking about master-league players) in team matchmaking, now my main problem is that these players they start destroying your base if you do something incorrect, or you don’t provide the help that it’s needed maybe due to lack of economy or any other reason, but that shouldn’t be a reason to kill the players on the same team, personally, I think that is a disgraceful act especially in a game like this in which players are usually respectful players who provide their opinions, or criticism in a constructive manner, and for that I think players like that deserve a better place within this community.
However, I’m not done with this issue, because frankly, anyone who commits a team-kill in their own team for any reason should be assessed and penalise the individual by either deducting additional MMR or by literally, disqualify the player from that league in the entire season, there is absolute no reason for team destroying themselves within the insides only because of stupid little things, I mean let’s be real, we all get annoyed when we don’t receive the help that we need but still there shouldn’t be any reason to team killing, in fact I would appreciate that Blizzard would enable a report button that specify that kind of behaviour, because let’s face it, It isn’t cool to lose MMR because someone decided to destroy your base without you even noticing just because it was fun. Seriously, it isn’t fun :slight_smile:

I’d appreciate any opinions regarding this matter and a response from one of blizzard’s entertainment response regarding this topic, I feel that it is a subject that needs to be assessed and controlled.

2 Likes

make a friend and q with them?

2 Likes

Please, comment something more constructive than that.

1 Like

I just returned to SC2 and have played some casual 4v4. Its fun but a 3rd of my games starts with a teamkill on either one of the teams. And since we are not that may players that a queueing up for random 4v4 I have gotten teamkilled my last 4 games over 3 days. I have reported each time and till the same player keeps doing the same thing. I cant belive that nothing is done about this type of behaivor. And the only automated respons I get from the support site is that I can report players in game. But I have done that over and over again. If they check the replays its is quite obvius.

Come on Blizzard. This is a fun game but we need your help

5 Likes

If it’s that guy ThaSuPahDreX it’s because I left a game once where he was in because I didn’t feel like playing against the enemy. The next game he got frustrated at me and proceeded to teamkill me when I didn’t answer, which sparked his teamkilling rampage. I have made a monster

Blizzard don’t read in-game reports, only for automated racial slurs. This guy only got automatically silenced for a day by his mass reports of teamkilling over 90 matches. Neither do they moderate the EU SC2 forums so we can freely use the names of other players

Wut, he even got negative MMR
https://imgur.com/R9vY4ff

2 Likes

Banning doesn’t seem that effective since they just create new accounts; I would suggest that Blizzard could easily put in automation that detects when a player is razing their ally’s buildings and warn them then drop them from the game after a certain number of attacks. 3+ automatic d/cs under those conditions would result in auto-ban.

3 Likes

Team kill is an important feature in the game, that is sometimes necessary, including in Platinum - Master leagues, and in situations I mean, it is not a bad thing.

Toxic players, who are trolling, are a problem in Starcraft. The actual best solution available to that, as mentioned by Loxton, is playing with trusted people.
Basicly 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 tend to be cancer modes. They are way less popular modes, compared to 1v1 and Coop (minority of people play team modes) and require larger teams. As you can see, Activision is taking little actions to solve it. It is good to talk about the problem, so that Activision knows, but I am unsure if they even bother.

Even, if teamkill was turned off, trolls would keep trolling, but in the different way. The change would not alter player’s mentality.

Deal with trolls: yes.
Turn off team-kill: no, it is neccessary.

The thing you forgot to explain. WHY - by any means - should team killing be NECESSARY ???

2 Likes

Do you have any idea how easy it would be to le epic troll players? Literally just wall them in with 3 ebays at the start of the game and you’ve got the reverse of the same situation, there is no way to actually stop people from being able to ruin the experience of others.

2 Likes

make a friend and que with them

1 Like

[quote=“Ketho-2355, post:5, topic:947”][/quote]

I would suggest IP ban or something similar!

These people now came to the most chill games in sc2: Coop…

Just got teamkill today by some apparent idiot, starts to destroy my mission-tank (Cradle of Death) for some reason (ofc can happen by mistake), but proceeds to attack my units!! There was literally no reason to do this, I helped the teammate, defended his base previously and we did the mission objectives succesfully (I did my part pretty easily) - it was 19 minutes in. There was no discussion or anything.

I looked into his profile, and saw that he had previously “lost” a normal mission after like 15-20 minutes. (he is lvl >900, so obviously another team kill…) I stopped investigating the profile, it got clear.
Literal brain problem…
Account: Sergey (Sergey77)

I don’t play it too often, but I remember facing this sometimes in the past already.
I mean PvE is really not stressful if both do their job on non-mutation, how can it even come?
This really ruins the experience and needless to say wastes time.

Not possible without reverse-abuse

Wtf? OF COURSE devs can do something about it to not allow teamkill but still prevent the reverse (…) - and for the occasional kill something in the way, (reasons to kill your own units) there can be limited teamkill attacks. (etc! Don’t limit your thoughts to this, I have several things here but all it takes time to write out in detail and balance…)
Someone already posted something but it didn’t even get read - naysayers are real. Please don’t post if not interested or not wanting to think about it…

For preventing ally being able to block there really is endless you can programm or come up with… (I actually found custom maps where it’s solved with certain pathing checks for instance…There would be a button to check if somebody blocked you in you area and then allowing you more… This even already existed lightly back in warcraft 3 customs (RTS) by having a doodad run from your base to another position. Again, scripting possibilities are endless!!! Like how the FFFFF do you think sc2 got programmed to this really fluent state?!) The question is ONLY about Blizzard caring about it. And of course banning helps, at least in CoOp (because you lose your progress)

But let’s face it they stopped working on the coop and stuff outside of 1v1

That people can throw away their army is already enough, there really should not be more to it - for instance if you did great you can still win most of the time. I don’t remember any of this bein a problem back then, the psychos were only in 1v1, today community changed.

• It’s not even a lost game frutration or anything anymore, but some are just randomly volatile!
  • Teamkill is extreme!
    → Thus Devs should adapt! (without half-hearted changes, but solutions)

PS: And yes this thread is worth to answer to after the time. Same problem was, same problem is. People should not be able to end Your game prematurely, game is already hard it should stay balanced around 3 versus 3 not 4 vs 2 - because it’s a game, for fun balance is a necessity.