The game server timed out when creating a game

Error for the whole festive season…
Un acceptable - Ill remember this next time I purchase Blizzard products.

1 Like

Still not working - keep getting “Game Server timed out when creating game”.
Anyone bothering to fix this issue? At the very least, they should inform users of the issue as it is widespread.

Very disappointed, get your act together Blizzard

1 Like

Same here, cant create Arcade lobbies, there it goes playing custom games with friends these holidays.

1 Like

Any updates. It’s been DAYS and it’s stopping me and my cousins from playing this game.

3 Likes

Any updates? This is crazy. Still can’t play anything.

3 Likes

Ixthocaesil I’ve also been trying to create and play custom games with family over the vacation and have been getting either “GLOBAL_TIMEOUT” or “this request has timed out” errors. Specifically after all of us confirm the match selection. Tonight, we have not been able to even enter the lobby area. This issue has been intermittent, for example we were able to play a few days ago after we tried to create the lobby from different accounts until one account was able to successfully create the lobby. Even once we created the lobby, not all of our players were able to join.

I’ve been playing StarCraft online since the original SC and don’t remember experiencing these types of errors without official outage notices from Blizzard (for example planned maintenance notices).

Ixthocaesil → I have a couple questions for you:

1. Is there a specific place we can go (in addition to this thread) to check whether this issue has been resolved?
  2. Are there any official channels where this degradation in functionality has been communicated?

Thank you for responding on your holidays.

1 Like

This is crazy, have you experienced something like this before from Blizzard?

1 Like

No and I’ve been playing for years

3 Likes

Same, and I’ve been playing since 1998 :weary: This is actually pretty crazy… I wonder what actually happened…

2 Likes

the problem seems to be over on world of Warcraft also they seems to be having server problems as well so as that makes the most money we all know that is the all hands on deck for the company … and StarCraft two will be get to it when all the money makers are sorted it seems how business are run … thats why its been quite not enough staff to mange every game with with all the servers going haywire …

1 Like

Stupid to be pushing an update during Christmas holiday week.

2 Likes

I think I have managed to get like 2 games in SC2, the rest of the time it doesn’t find a game or just times out the game server… man talk about a piss off. Limited holiday break and no gaming. Major fail.

1 Like

Can u please fix this server error asap??

2 Likes

the game server timeout when creating the game <------ happens all the time, fix it please!

2 Likes

keeps happening for me too, really bad experience. I wonder if tech support is even seeing these posts

1 Like

like Areios said:
Cmon Blizzard its Xmas holidays along with covid lockdowns, we need Starcraft :slight_smile:

Fix it please,
Thank you

3 Likes

still having issues, please fix

2 Likes

ok - again shitty…

2 Likes

Blizzard has turned from one of the best companies in the business into one of the worst. This would have never happened with the original owners.

4 Likes

Currently have been experiencing the same problems for 8 days now. Always the same error, the same as the title of this post. Please stop ignoring this issue and get it fixed. Taking people’s favorite game (mode) away from them during their well deserved Christmas break is just so on par with (Blizzard) Activisions’s latest streak of dickheadery… Try to surprise us for once.

3 Likes