The game server timed out when creating a game

+1 to the problem here.

Today, we have started to get “GLOBAL_PERMISSION_ERROR” when attempting to create custom games (melee). The days prior to that we kept getting “GLOBAL_TIMEOUT”.

What does work for us is creating Co-op games/missions, but we’re not interested in those. :-/

1 Like

Been having this issues since the 22nd. Thats a week. it did work fine on the 23rd, but been down since. Can’t create custom games with just AI FFS. Weirdly, my girlfriend has had no issues creating custom games. Wish this would get fixed. vacation during the holidays, would have been nice to play this game.

1 Like

Still happening :frowning:

2 Likes

Ugh same issue. Thanks for ruining 2020 just a bit more blizz

2 Likes

Forcing the battlenet update agent closed works! …but I have to do it after every game, it starts itself back up again automatically.

Start the game. Alt-Tab out. From the start menu, type in “Task Manager” and hit enter. Scroll down through the Processes until you find “Blizzard Update Agent (32 bit)”, left click it, and hit end task. Alt-tab back to Starcraft 2, and you should be able to enter the lobby and play as normal. After that game, you’ll have to alt-tab back out and end it again in order to play another game.

2 Likes

Is old starcraft team making a new game? Activision is trash…

7 Likes

Come one Blizz…
thats not even funny anymore…

2 Likes

Big fail Blizzard!!! ROAR!!!

1 Like

I get the same problem. But when i re-try for 4-5 times it find a game.

@Blizzard, where are you??

1 Like

Yes and no. The old developers of Blizzard who worked on StarCraft, Brood War, and the original 2010 release of SCII before the Activision buyout have started up a new studio called “FrostGiant Studios” and they are in the process of making a new RTS that will, supposedly, blow StarCraft out of the water. You can find more information via youtube. Lowko did a video about it, explaining pretty much everything - THE NEXT REAL-TIME STRATEGY ESPORT? (Frostgiant Studios) - YouTube

1 Like

People are comically impatient, play a different game until it’s fixed. Devs are out on holiday, they’re nowhere near the workplace I’d bet. Has nothing to do with the company as a whole.

This is not useful at all!

No wonder why sc2 become dead game. Tc bliz

Ded game, Activision Blizzard you are the best!

Very very disappointed. What a shame for blizzard. :angry:

Dec. 30, 2020 8:30PM ET and the issue still persists!
This issue as been known now for 5 days. 3 of which are business days.

Same issue here. It would be nice to at least see some formal communication from blizzard addressing this obviously widespread issue.

Could you please make 1 news item on the SC II homepage or forum to give us all info about the servers? (I have seen some answers across the forum but you really have to search for it… so may be 1 place where you keep us all in the loop?) Or better yet, fix the problem :wink:

“GLOBAL_TIMEOUT”
"There was a temporary problem with your request. Please try again later.”

I heard it is not just SC II. Is that correct?

I have tried different regions; all had problems
Melee or Arcade: all problematic.

Kind regards…

(and for all the disappointed players out there; may be it helps if you “sign” or reply to this post here… hopefully we will get a reaction soon)

Replies I’ve seen from Blizzard are from 2 users: Ixthocaesil and Rejuvithorn:

19 Likes

Same for me (eastern US). I noticed yesterday, I can only start a local game and can’t use any mods for those. I’ve tried several different regions, reboots, game restarts, changing my DNS (and flushing), etc etc. I understand that staff may be limited, but that isn’t a real good reason for an exec not to get on their computer and post a message from their house. Guess they like the paycheck more than the work. This is a leadership failure unfortunately.

1 Like