Unachievable Achievements

Greetings Commanders,

There are a few achievements in the game that can no longer be achieved. I’ve been meaning to make this thread for a while now and finally got to do it.

Firstly, the following achievements, are no longer eligible for completion:
Versus/Melee:
Beep, Beep, Boom!
Distorted Reality

The Raven was changed a while back and the ‘Seeker Missile’ ability no longer exist. Anti-Armour Missile, does not do damage, therefore this achievement is uncompleted.

The Mothership (-400/-400), no longer has the Vortex ability and therefore the protoss achievement is no longer eligible for completion in a melee game either.

But it doesn’t stop there. Before 4.0.0 Free to play (2017), players could find a tab at the top left corner of the screen, that had Challenger scenarios. Players could complete guides for all three races and then try to get Bronze, Silver and Gold medals in different scenarios.
With the introduction of 4.0.0 and Free to play in 2017, the menu was re-worked and those Guides and Challenges were taken out. That made a whole section of the Exploration achievement section - unachievable.
Exploration/Challenges missions are no longer achievable and the Panda/Helmet portraits associated with them are no longer obtainable.

This might not be news to everyone and probably wouldn’t be on the priority list of the development team, but I’d like to encourage the SC2 team, to please make a note of this and put it somewhere on their To Do list. While I believe it’s unlikely for those abilities and play modes to be re-introduced back into the game, perhaps achievements could be made unlocked for everyone upon starting the game, or removed from the Achievement list and made into Feats of Strength instead. Or perhaps someone can come up with a different, better solution altogether. I had some screenshots prepared to post too, but the forum won’t allow me to put links in my thread, so a wall of text it is.

Good luck and have fun.

2 Likes

You actually can still achieve the Seeker Missile and Vortex achievements. If you go to custom game and set to the custom game to “Wings of Liberty” instead of “Legacy of the Void” you will be able to play as Protoss for the Vortex acheivement and Terran for the Seeker missile achievement.

1 Like

Additionally, to play the Challenges – I believe you must go into the Terran campaign to find them.

1 Like