Unranked MMR broken

Multiple sources tell me unranked works the same as ranked except the MMR is hidden. I’ve played close to 20 unranked games now, won them all and it still keeps matching me versus new players. This isn’t fun for either person.

Queues are also 5 minutes long. Is this a bug?

Edit: approaching 25 games now and still getting bronze leaguers, 0 losses, queues are on average longer than 5 minutes

Edit 2: Added 5 more games 5 more wins still getting new players. I’d like to know if my unranked is broken or if there is no such thing as unranked matchmaking.

New or just without a league placement?
As best as possible match in unranked with your mmr being separate and starting at around 2-3k.

It can take a long time for it to balance out, and at the same time it’s attempting to keep you against unranked players as often as possible due to complaints that mixing the ladders was a big problem.

There is MMR in unranked which I’m pretty sure remains hidden but the issue is in scaling for matchmaking. It’s a lot more liberal than ranked for matches.

I appreciate the reply. 30 won games in I still exclusively got players of the absolute bottom of the MMR hierarchy, so I struggle to conclude anything else than that it is broken. Most if not all players that I got were also playing unranked. Something funny is going on here with the unranked matchmaking, maybe it’s particular to this account.

Hey Bob, can confirm, its not particular to your account, it’s F’d up, and I dislike it a lot too. I just want to practise my builds without loosing MMR.

BUT …I have to wait 5 Minutes for a game aswell AND …they are Low League Players in Silver League level …I am DIA 2 about 3.8k MMR and getting 2400 or so…

FIX PLEASE. Just make me Ladder as usual, but not ranked!

You should submit a bug report here: Bug Report - SC2 Forums

The problem may be that there’s simply no other people of similar MMR queued at the same time, so by the time 5 minutes has passed the MMR bracket you match with is wide enough to include lower ranked people.