[Updated] Re-Releasing Past War Chest Contents (Portraits, Banners, Sprays & Decals): A Suggestion

Wouldn’t it be great for all of us to enjoy the content we wanted but weren’t able to purchase back in the day from various War Chests?

Think about it, you maybe missed the chance because you were out of money at the time, or perhaps because you were a returning player after many months, or even years. No doubt it’d be great to see all these contents re-released for all the players who couldn’t get them, whatever their reasons.

My suggestion would go towards a sale that may go once or twice a year, where all these contents would be sold, either separately, or as bundles. One idea would be to sell Terran, Protoss and Zerg bundles, or sell War-Chest-themed bundles, where contents tied to an specific War Chest would go on sale. Waiting times for these sales should be enough to create some expectation for players to grab them.

Currently, most, if not all contents from past War Chests were removed from the game, but they still remain visible for all players. This does not make any sense to me, and it even becomes like an unpleasant reminder that plenty of us couldn’t obtain those contents back in the day (for the reasons I mentioned before).

Some may argue that, if said sale(s) would even take place first, their portraits, banners, decals or sprays, would lose their rarity, but I’d told them, that the profits from those sales would help to create plenty more contents available for us all, not to mention the money that would go to host tournaments would really be of help for people who enjoy the competitive aspect of the game (who are the majority, if I’m not mistaken). As I see it, there would be more winners if all these contents would be available for sale.

Thinking about the new possibilities for mixing and making perfect matches with plenty of those portraits, banners, sprays and decals just makes me feel excited, and many people may experience the same, instead of just using the same Augments again and again, all the time. This would make the game a tad more exciting, and it is a step closer to have an immersive experience, like having matching portraits, banners, sprays and decals, alongside future skins released, either or both for units and structures, consoles and announcers.

Finally, I made a list with plenty of portraits, banners, sprays and decals (and even a skin), which I think should be re-released (you can download the list here: https://mega.nz/file/vY0XjQ4J#ulpTRA0PQ7ukiJjd857Chm3MJnZ54oP0dolRhaoTNQs ).

[Update]: Given today’s update note release, which states no more new contents will be released for us to purchase, and that the company will now focus on Race-Balacing and Season Rolls, I feel there’s new hopes for past War Chest contents (Augments) to be re-released (read as, selling or unlocking them), so there’s new income to fill the gap of the now deceased new content sales.

Also, have in mind now that there won’t be any new contents, I think it’d be great to get past Augments, so we don’t just get stuck with the current contents.

I’ll keep replying to anyone interested on the concept, and updating it, if necessary. I’ll have my fingers crossed.

TL;DR : Would you like to see past War Chest contents (portraits, banners, sprays and decals) available again, for sale?

Tell us in the comments which additional Augments would you like to see re-released.

Thanks for reading.

3 Likes

You can still buy skins from previous War Chest. All of us who bought them was mostly cuz of skins. As for the old War Chest coming back… won’t happen.

1 Like

Hey Carniflex, thanks for replying.

Yes, I think that most players who bought War Chests back in the day did so mostly because of the skins (despite they can be later obtained). However, and what’s most interesting to me, knowing one can obtain the Skins later on, is that they got matching Portraits, Banners, Sprays and/or Decals (provided they completed the respective Tiers).

My idea goes towards a sale(s) to offer all the content that now isn’t obtainable (the Portraits, Banners, Sprays and Decals which came along those skins inside their respective War Chests), and that by some weird reason, plenty of it can be seen in the Augments tab, without being able to unlock it someway (therefore, it shouldn’t be there, because, first, if it cannot be unlocked, it’s pointless to show, and I personally think it’s an unpleasant reminder to those who couldn’t obtain War Chests back in the day).

I’m not saying that War Chests themselves should come back as-is, because they’re a seasonal feature, aimed to fund the WCS Tournament. I cannot tell which Event(s) or Tournament(s) do they now fund after the ending of the WCS Tournaments, since I’m not into the competitive aspect of the game; I just play casually. I’m saying that the unavailable/unobtainable contents of said War Chests (read as everything which isn’t Skins) should be offered to all players, so they can buy them if they wish so.

The earnings from that/those sale(s) may be use to fund more Tournaments, or the development of future contents for the game (Co-Op Commanders, Consoles, Announcers, Mission Packs, future War Chests, and so on). I see this as a win-win situation.

Finally, I’m sorry if I’m writing essay-like, but English isn’t my first language, and I always felt more comfortable and noticed to express myself better by writing this way. Hope you understand me (same for all the people who read this).

1 Like

İ want protoss warchest 4 for Seat of the Highlord Banner and tal’darim decal or maybe opens to sales 2.5 euro/dollar

4 Likes

Hey TORMENT, thanks for replying.

I’m not a Protoss player myself, but a Terran one (I used to prefer Protoss back when I was a kid, because they always seemed to me the strongest of all races).

I personally love everything related to Ghosts and Spectres, specially Nova Terra, the Dominion Special Forces, and the Covert Ops Crew, so I’d personally love to see the Ghost, Black Ops, and Rattlesnake Sprays, and the Ghost Decal from the BlizzCon 2017 War Chest, and the Special Forces Decal from the Katowice 2019 War Chest.

If these and many others ever make it in-game again, I’m pretty sure it’d be via a sale or two a year, so you can individually buy them, without purchasing additional unwanted content. I would happily purchase each one for the same price you’re suggesting, even up to 5 Dollars per each Augment, since I know I’d be helping Blizzard Entertainment to develop plenty of new contents for the game. Hope they can offer such sales for all players someday. I long for it.

2 Likes

İm also love terran friend i have special forces skins (including building skins) and console i just want special forces decal i dont want command center banner because Nova banner incredible matches this set =) i have also forged skin set for protoss (building skins as well) i really want Seat of the Highlord Banner and tal’darim decal for protoss im ready for payment im shame on missing warchest 1 and 4 only best skins for terran and protoss. İt still gives me pain. During the this warchest events i dont have Credit card until warchest 5 times

2 Likes

İ hope this forum help us to getting Seat of the Highlord Banner i really want this banner. When i was was contacted blizzard support for this banner but they didnt open sales :frowning:

2 Likes

I also like the Nova Banner, despite it was hard to earn it (unlocking all Mission Pack Achievements), it’s really good-looking, and it matches with the Dominion Special Forces or Covert Ops Crew Skins (the latter if you play Co-Op). I’m planning to purchase the Nova Announcer as well, since it matches nicely with the Dominion Special Forces Skins (which I’m planning to buy later on), or I’ll keep on unlocking the Anniversary Achievements to get the Stone Announcer, which also matches with the Skins. You can top them all off with the Dominion Special Forces Console (the same as the Covert Ops Crew’s). If Blizzard E. decides to release the unobtainable Augments, one could further enjoy a richer, more immersive experience (read as having everything matching).

I’m also willing to pay for those contents. And to not miss them once more, I hope the sales I mentioned above, could take place like twice a year to create enough expectation to get them, but not missing them (one could wait for one more year, or half a year, but you get the point).

As you, I’m also hoping this thread and the one I posted on the official US Forums gets enough attention to call a spotlight onto it, but if they don’t get the attention, no worries, surely someone at Blizzard E. reads it and proposes it as a new event later on. I’ll have my fingers crossed. I wouldn’t suggest directly contacting them though, a thread should give the same result, while being less intrusive.

Support this us forum pls

1 Like

Will do. I’ll just have to find some spare time, as I’m currently busy with college.

Sometime im busy too dont worry

By the way, I already commented on your post, you already noticed it. I’m just replying to invite you to start a friendly chat on our posts, so they don’t drop down into oblivion, and to, hopefully, get the attention from Blizzard E.

Also, because I noticed my in-game profile picture finally appeared in the US forums. i think it was a matter of commenting more, hence why I’m leaving this message here as well.

Buddy give me a time for arguing im today im ready at 10:30 for my time. İ want know your time for arguing at same time request me or i request friend list to you. İm not give up

1 Like

Sure, my time zone is that of Los Angeles. Take your time, we can always reply to each other sooner or later, we just don’t have to give up, so we can draw people’s attention (and hopefully Blizzard E.'s).

İm here friend lets begin People attention

I think we should better move to the US Forums, as almost all the Community is there. I was also thinking of translating my post to Spanish too, so there’s additional attention from the Spanish-speaking community (there’s also the official EU forums in that language, so it may be worth it). Spanish is my first language, so no problem. If you want, we can keep also discussing the topic here as well.