WASD Keys activation

I there any way of using the WASD keys as the arrow keys in Starcraft 2? Or for that matter n any Blizzard game?

Just checked Starcraft 2 and Overwatch, I was able to change hotkeys to the arrow keys indeed.

1 Like

But how? Thanks for getting back

Open Starcraft 2, open the menu with ESC, go into Options and check the bottom of the list where it says Hotkeys and there you will have the list.
Global contains elements such as camera controls, unit grouping and so on.

1 Like

Marvellous! Thank you for that. I wish I had known that 6 months ago when I bought this gaming laptop!
Thanks again!
How do I do the same thing with Warcraft reforged? I have found the CustomKeys.txt file but it does not seem to contain a camera move or arrow key or similar. Thanks JW

1 Like

Nice. For some, it is more convenient to control camera by keyboard and WASD keys.

So how do I activate the WASD keys in Warcraft Reforged? Thanks.

Gonna have to disappoint you partly on Warcraft 3 sorry, due to how archaic the game was built to accommodate custom map creators needs it never got built in custom key bindings as traditional games has.

There is only the option to rebind keys by altering them in an notepad document called CustomKeys tied to Warcraft 3, and you can only alter units keybindings, not global interface/feature elements such as camera movement.

At least I now know I am pointless chasing this idea. Thanks for your advice. I really don’t understand why gaming laptops don’t have a hardware switch that simply alternates the WASD and arrow keys. Anyway, thanks again!