Zerg lategame is just disgusting atm (balance team plz?)

So here we go.
Ive been playing and watching sc2 since release. As such ive followed the general development and flow of the game pretty closely. AT THE MOMENT I do not enjoy watching any pro zerg match ups anymore. There is a death timer on protoss and terran in General vs top level zergs. In the past protoss was feared because of the endgame deathball with motherships having vortex, carriers or whatever. Those things got nerfed. Why does zerg deathball remain? Dark vs fantasy game 1: 29minutes in. Mass infestor spaming neural parasite to take control of 10+ thors completely shifted , what was a hard fought advantage for terran. The current state of zerg is absolutely disgusting. Being able to replenish ur army instantly AND having the tools to wipe any oposing endgame army with the 2 best spellcaster in the game is NOT FAIR FOR ANYONE. Serral, sure but the fact that even lambo made it to grand final of gsl vs world makes it even more obvious to me, that the current state of zerg needs some drastic changes. LITERALLY THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE WORLD CANNOT STOP ZERG.

This is my first post for sc2 and i hope it has to be my last as i dont usually get involved. After seeing dark vs fantasy however I could not ignore this blatant flaw in the current game anymore. It just is not fair. Thanks for reading.
Greetings from Nara, Japan.

2 Likes

“Ive been playing and watching sc2 since release.” 1v1 platinum highest rank ok.

“lambo made it to grand final of gsl vs world” It was Elazer, try to troll harder pls.

“The current state of zerg is absolutely disgusting.” No its not. Current TvZ is terran favored. Favored in the early game. Can be even in mid game if you go mid game style as zerg but then zerg will be weaker in the lategame. Lategame is better for terran now, since BC-s has no counter, and the ghost emp is just too good vs zerg casters now.
PvZ ends in a mid game with a disgusting protoss allin. Also protoss is far the easiest race in the game. Easiest mechanics.

"Mass infestor spaming neural parasite to take control of 10+ thors completely shifted ". Fantasys unit composition was terrible, his positioning was terrible and he had no micro. Also Dark is the 2nd best zerg after Serral.

“LITERALLY THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE WORLD CANNOT STOP ZERG.” The best player in the world is zerg, called Serral.

1 Like

I wonder how you can honestly sit here and defend the zerg bs thats happening right now. Pointing out my rank or player name getting wrong does nothing in thia argument. Saying that toss is easy doesnt even relate to my post. Saying theres no answere to bcs when infestors exist is just a lie.

2 Likes

You’re 1v1 platinum at highest, but i bet you dont even play at all. You dont even know who made into the finals in the GSL vs the World. You simply dont know this game.

So what do know? Complain.

I tell you that the infested terrans anti air attack just got nerfed by a large margin.
I tell you that ghosts got a new upgrade which makes emp spell a lot more stronger.

And yeah infestor is not really good vs BC-s because infested terrans arent doing enough damage now, and even if you neural the BC-s they cant kill each other unless they have yamato cannon ready.

1 Like

So when solar won vs maru in group c match 1 at gsl, artosis and tasteless discuss terran lategame options.
What it boils down to is when tasteless said AND I QUOTE this:
“look if zergs lategame is too strong, play around it, end the game before they get there”.
“yeah,yeah” was artosis answere to that statement.
As someone who really enjoys watching pro sc2 im shocked that even commentators that are supposed to be unbiased and not mentioning balance say these things.

Now its obvious theres a problem, question is how to fix it.
What the casters said during the game actually makes a lot of sense.
Zerg has by default an easier time getting and keeping resources, so why do units like the broodlord and infestor spawn endless free units, allowing zerg to just save up a huge bank?
Artosis and tasteless have a lot of experience in watching and casting sc2 if they are not relevant sources, I dont know what else to say.
Hoping any dev or caster reads this so we can move toward more fun lategames.

Greetings from tokyo, japan

2 Likes

Infestor has much been nerfed since wotl. Look back at BL/Infestor in WotL.

1 Like

@Spirit
Well, when Rogue (current GSL winner) and Serral (current world champion) say in post match interviews that Zerg late game is overpowered, maybe OP of this thread has a point, don’t you think?

Main problems right now are Infestors and Nydus IMO.
Something needs to happen, best before Blizzcon. Or we get a ZvZ slugfest

2 Likes