BUG REPORT - Wotlk hunter pet issues

Hello,
There are several issues with the hunter pet and I will list the bugs here:

1. Pet is losing 50% of its HP when you dismount or enter a new instance like bg or dungeon, this doesn’t stop at 50% hp, when you are using flying mount hp of your pet goes down by 50% each time so its 25%, 12,5%, 6,25% and so on to the point where pet has like 1% health and dies from anything.

2. Pet pathing is very bad, sometimes during an instance pet disappears and sometimes it will choose the longest way to pull all the mobs.

3. Pet talent “Charge” does work on players with Hand of Freedom. Pet charge is an 1 sec immobilize and Hand of Freedom should make you immune to this type of effects and it isn’t.

4. Ability masters call (4 sec of undispellable freedom for hunter or his teammates) shouldn’t be used when pet is not in your Line of Sight yet sometimes pet is charging to you through a pillar and ability is used but there is no effect. Also when your pet is LoS’ing you and you pull it back during pull back when you use masters call it doesn’t work.

5. Pet talent “Heart of the Phoenix” just randomly sometimes doesn’t work. Your pet is dead you are spamming the ability and it doesn’t work, but sometimes is does…

6. Pets in general seem to have low survivability, they die very easily from anything.
    Points 1, 2 and 6 also apply to warlock pets.
    Please Fix it,
    Thank you.

8 Likes

You need to report bugs in game, not on the forums.

Forum staff do not forward bug reports to the developers, nor do the developers visit the EU forums.

1 Like

is it possible to report bugs in game tho? i havent seen that option in current build

yea i m pretty sure it was off or disabled for some time until now, or it was jsut not loading cuz of loads of players doing that recently

1 Like
  1. Click the red ? button on your action bar.
  2. Click the support button on the menu that appears.
  3. Click the big button in the top left with the picture of Anub’arak (the Bug Lord - get the joke?), yes it really IS a button, not just a picture.
  4. Fill in the bug details on the form that appears.

Edit to add:
It looks like they have reworked the support screen, the bug report button no longer has a picture of Anub’arak, and the text below it is now bigger and more readable. I can’t work out what the picture is of now, but its still the TOP LEFT button.

2 Likes

I dunno but I just logged into Shadowlands and checked and it’s still the same picture, of Anub’Arak. Can someone show me what’s it like now or are we talking about the Classic screen?

1 Like

Is how it looks to me, I don’t recall it looking like that before, it always had a side on profile, rather than a head-on profile.

But maybe I’m wrong. Also, it looks like imgur rescaled it and made it look even worse, lol.

1 Like

I mean it kind of looks the same as my current linked bug report button?

1 Like

Okay, fair enough. I guess I never paid too much attention to it.

1 Like

Ok thanks guys, i have posted my list of bugs via ingame bug report. We will see but i doubt that i’m the first one to issue this so i think either is hard to fix or blizz doesn’t care at all

1 Like

This dismounting/summoning HP bug has been present in the game for a long time I must have reported it and a myriad of associated issues at least 20 times through BC Classic, prepatch and now WotLK Classic and nothing changed. It’s been months, maybe years. It does affects my enjoyment of the game as it caused me to die quite a few times in outdoors PvP.

It’s a joke. I’d like to see Blizzard at least addressing this issue.

1 Like

OK new one! When you are waiting for Raptor Strike, game counts it as casting and you can get Unrelenting Assault from Warriors Overpower LOL!

Some of these bugs have been reported literally hundreds of times via the in game bug reporter over the past few years - particularly the pet health halving everytime you dismount from flying.

Can we get any indication that someone is actually looking at fixing it at any point in the WotLK lifespan?

Now I checked this bug, most likely it has already been fixed!

Which one?

It’s a shame Blizzard is a small ma & pa basement operation, or these bugs might have gotten fixed within a reasonable timeframe.

Still bugged.

number 1 in message of your topic

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.