🎭 GD Chat Room (Part 1)

Thank you Alythena and Marmar. I’ll look into it.

If you got win 10 you can upgrade to 11 free same like 7 to 10 were. But you have to enable that tpm in bios first and then look that it shows tpm version 2.0. You can also look it with this “pc health check” thats on win 10, typing it on search and look what it says for win 11. Fun hassle if care lift a finger for it, I like how theyre sending these messages that they will stop support win 10 october 2025 which is still the second latest version for their OS… Im with same mind with Alagondar that I dont care use money for this type of nonsense.

2 Likes

Apparently my PC can’t update as well because it doesn’t meet the minimum requirements. Which is odd, considering it’s an Alienware Aurora R5, but whatever.

1 Like

Check out the steps that I linked that its not just this tpm not being enabled in bios. It seem to be common issue when I searched for this.

2 Likes

Voigt’s Daily Adventure inevitably ends with Fingers! :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog:

Not supported by Windows 11. Intel Core i7-6700K is not supported. There are security problems on this CPU that cant be fixed.

Install Windows 11 on unsupported PCs.

1 Like

Went out for a walk along the canal today, wanted to get a natural tan started so i went shirtless, i regret this decision i am now extremely sunburnt lol.

Had to have a cold shower when i got back the hot water felt like lava :smiley:

4 Likes

Conan Barbarian way go for walk :grin:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/supported/windows-11-supported-amd-processors

The supported models from ryzens, there were some bug admitted by amd that caused stuttering with tpm, I hope its fixed by now.

1 Like

AMD stuttering in games. I would guess a BIOS update may be helpful but its a cpu issue. You can buy a TPM key that will fix the issue 100%.

Would search for a BIOS update for the motherboard and hope it has a fix.

More frogs

1 Like

Its few years old so I wonder if theyre fixed it by now but probably takes firmware for bios to fix yeah. Ill just disable it for now and worry about it next year when figure if update for win 11 or not. I have bigger problems to worry about for the moment to bother with this annoying hassle too. :smiley:

1 Like

AMD has released a fix for their processors having stuttering/lag when using integrated fTPM.

1 Like

Firmware update fer mobo ahead then. WUHUUU :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I managed get MRI free from public that Im going this wednesday to listen music for hour in the machine, Ill see if can update bios without breaking anything later on the week. :smiley:

1 Like

The issue is I cant see which BIOS for my bros x570 Taichi board fixes this issue. Look for AGESA 1.2.0.7 or newer for your board which supposedly fixed fTPM stutters for AMD CPUs. https://www.techpowerup.com/295821/amd-releases-agesa-v2-1-2-0-7-microcode-to-motherboard-vendors-and-oems

asrock x570 phantom gaming 4 my board

There is an updated BIOS on the manufactures website. https://pg.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570%20Phantom%20Gaming%204/index.asp#BIOS I would go with the one that patches the UEFI LogoFail vulnerabilities. Its an easy flash for Asrock boards. Just put the BIOS file on a USB stick and update from the BIOS itself.

1 Like

2. After updating the BIOS, all settings will be reset to their defaults.

Cant wait to setup ram and all again. Thankfully theres no hurry and can just disable the whole tpm and might even skip whole win 11 altogether. :+1:

1 Like

Your motherboard has a TPM Header. You can install and use that instead of the TPM on the cpu. Amazon has tpm 2.0 modules etc for asrock motherboards. Just reseach it before you buy everything but modules are cheap and just plug into your motherboard. No need to update the BIOS. Make sure you get the right module for your motherboard.

Installing a TPM 2.0 Module So I Can Install Windows 11 Example video of installing a TPM module on a different motherboard.

1 Like

Imagine random pc user who has no idea what bios is or how do anything beside press power on/off to use his computer to surf internet and the like, then we have microsoft that announces their second latest os on the market wont gain support after next year cause they want force the random user to switch his os to win 11 for which he then finds out his current system lacking something for it. There is no way they will be able to figure out they need to enable something or from where or what, and if you have cpu or mobo that dont support it well then you dont even have options at all than build new pc and everything cause microsoft want force tpm 2.0 for their win 11 and not only that but also tells people that well if you dont upgrade for win 11 we aint going to give you updates to your current win 10 system. I imagine alot ppl are just going to stick windows 10, the average user will not care do anything for this if their pc wont support 11 by default.

2 Likes

This is my exact situation, I CBA to get this working :skull: besides, my computer already has so many problems that the OS is the last of them. Sooner or later I will have to change it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 5000 replies. Continue discussion at :performing_arts: GD Chat Room (Part 2).