šŸŽ­ GD Chat Room

Speaking of coffeeā€¦ Iā€™m treating myself to a costa after my weekly pincushion session! :coffee:

2 Likes

We also have a dish called Spotted Dick

3 Likes

Do you have a sweet treat to go with that?

No, partly because they didnā€™t have any blueberry muffins left and partly because my gp told me off after my cholesterol results a couple of months back so I need to start being good :laughing:

Iā€™ve hit that bad age where itā€™s all catching up on meā€¦

2 Likes

Oh yes, be a good girl! I said nothing!!!

35Ā°C is actually cool !

1 Like

On the sun maybe!

1 Like

Whereabout are you, Tah?? im on East Coast of the UK and we had a cracking storm yesterday afternoon, lasted a good couple of hours. The storm front was that big that it was seen nearly 20 miles away!!!

On topic, not a bad weekend for me. Ran out of painkillers on Saturday, so slightly painful yesterday. got the repeats this morning, so order is now restored in the galaxy

1 Like

Thatā€™s probably the one heading here. Forecast is that itā€™ll hit this region around 1:00 tonight. Iā€™m in The Netherlands.

I miss so many things from my childhood in NL, mostly things I ate growing up.

Kroketten and bitterballen? :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

And Kaas Souffle

A friend sent me a goodie box of non perishables earlier this year. I enjoyed it soooooooooo much.

1 Like

I donā€™t eat cheese myself, find the stuff utterly revolting. Butā€¦ Yeah, thatā€™s a thing too.

Have you ever had ā€˜poffertjesā€™?

Yes!!! I also loved going to the Pannekoekhuis

1 Like

Possibly, it went up the East Coast then out to sea - theres a pretty big one in northern Denmark atm, thats the one that will probably get you. Yes, i love extreme weather lol

iā€™m so tempted to make a joke here about spotting you in Amsterdamā€™s ā€˜infamousā€™ area, but i will refrainā€¦

Iā€™m SURE you meant ā€˜Het Rijksmuseumā€™.
Riiight? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Of course, what else did you think i meant :thinking: :rofl:

I have actually been to that area, but didnt indulge in paying for ā€˜horizontal gymnasticsā€™ although those hash browns lived up to their name (note - i ate a couple just for scientific research purposes)

1 Like

I think I hadnā€™t even reached the teenage years by the time we left NL :laughing:

1 Like