Re-learning a forgotten profession

Hi, i bet this was asked before but i can’t find a 100 % legit answer online so here goes: In Legion i had Blacksmith on my warrior, and i had some plans that were quite rare, like world drops or limited sales from vendors, as well as some i worked hard to get like Stormherald, Lionheart, etc. Now i have Jewelcrafting and honestly i don’t see much in this profs.’ future.

I would like to get Blacksmithing back, but i don’t know if i will be able to learn every single recipe i used to have - including the rare ones - or just the regular trainer ones and maybe the quest ones. Can someone give me a definite answer on this? It would be kinda pointless to unlearn JWC just to get basic BS back, so it would be better to just create a new BS character and keep current JWC on my warrior if that’s the case.

Picking up a profession you previously abandoned won’t bring back recipes or skill levels, you would be starting again from scratch and have to level up each expansions skill and recipes list again.

There is one exception for this, as Legion recipes for the most part were part of the quest chains and given as rewards, you can’t repeat those quests.
So there are items for each profession in Legion that will give you back the quest reward recipes.
For Blacksmithing that would be Forgotten Plans of the Broken Isles

That will only give you a way to get back Legion recipes that were quest rewards for quest you’ve already completed on this character though.
Higher ranks from world quests etc would not come back and you’d need to recollect those after relearning the Rank1 version.

For any other expansions recipes, you’d want to visit the trainers, discover from crafting, hunt for drops etc just like you did the first time around to collect those again.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Alright thanks, i’ll stick with JWC and make a new BS i guess.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.