Ashjra’kamas, Shroud of Resolve in the Weeks to Come

In Visions of N’Zoth, the Legendary cloak Ashjra’kamas awaits you, and it brings with it a very valuable aspect: Corruption Resistance. Increasing the cloak’s level allows you to endure a greater amount of Corruption from your other gear, in addition to providing significant statistical increases and other benefits. Those upgrades to the cloak will come with time and effort in Horrific Visions, and upgrading the cloak beyond level 5 will require retrieving powerful items from the deeper (and more challenging) portions of Horrific Visions.

After your cloak has reached level 5, you can upgrade it to level 6 and beyond (all the way to level 15) as quests unlock to provide this, with a new step becoming available each week after the first. The quests to further upgrade the cloak will be sequentially available to you once they’re unlocked. If you’re still working on the quest from two weeks ago, as soon as you complete it, you’ll be able to immediately start on the quest from last week, and then the current week.

If you’re not caught up with the maximum available level of the cloak, whether that’s due to missing a few Horrific Visions at some point, or switching characters, or joining Visions of N’Zoth much later than most players, you’ll be able to complete all of the prior weeks’ quests in sequence, until you’re fully caught up.

2 Likes

I apologize for being negative, but instead of advertising a feature that is… advertised basically everywhere, shouldn’t someone address things, that have been unaddressed since BfA launch?

Like in a day we can start grinding mythics for the Title and the mount. However since launch Tol Dagor is bugged and thrash packs aggro through walls, evade through levels and pull the whole dungeon…

6 Likes

Unless you can get more Coalescing Visions when you’re behind, you’ll still be behind since there is a limit to how many you can get per week.

1 Like

Good riddance, 'cause this is one of my biggest concerns, and I’m already very negative about the entire “legendary cloak”(sorry I can’t stand legendary questlines even though I love questlines…).

I am not amused by the new gearing either for that matter, but I’ll enter the patch trying to remain positive(I don’t really want to quit again as I really wish to raid and continue the story), but I am very, very sceptical to the cloak, new essences and general gearing in the incoming patch! Sorry, but I really hope you prove me wrong. I’ll try my best to keep a positive attitude as we go into the patch, even though it doesn’t sound like it here. Let’s just say I need to vent my frustrations!

2 Likes

I am not sure if I understand this correctly. So does that mean we will have the quests available but will have to do few consecutive horrific visions to do them all? Because then we would still be behind if we’ve not been active for more than 3 weeks, as it’s impossible to do more than 3 visions per week.

You can get enough for about 9 visions a week so catching up will be fast

You’re capped at 1lvl a week but if you miss a week you’ll be able to do both the current weekly quest and the one you missed. Kinda like the conquest bar

For instance the first 5 lvl require a single vision each while the 13th requires two visions with a certain number of bonus objectives each (6 items, up to 3 in a single vision)

The item you’ll need will depend on the quest, and the later quests require you to do more bonus objectives iirc

So while you’ll catch up it may take a few weeks.

Edit :

Up to 3 a week, may manage to get a 4th every so often if you do all the daily quests events rares chests ect, which isn’t really worth your time

Why I cannot end this in first week? Again timegate…

If I got the catchup mechanics - you will get 1 upgrade quest per week after the first one where as people that aren’t at current week maximum will get quest after another until they catch-up (and potentially run out of currency in given week). Some later upgrade require multiple runs though so it’s not that super fast catchup if you are many upgrades behind.

Will we be able to obtain this cloak beyond the Visions of N’Zoth expansion?
If not
Will the questline to obtain the cloak remain even if the cloak does not?

How do you pronounce the name of the cloak? :thinking:

I am confused about the inclusion of the letter j. :neutral_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.