Improve warmode, please!

There are not much perks that makes it worthwhile so turn it off and do what you need and actually us warmode for war as it supposed to be.

1 Like

I just make a group and put WM off in the title… people join np.

4 Likes

Warmode works fine. If you have a problem then L E A V E

1 Like

Actually you can turn it off in any rest zone, so an inn will do. Orgrimmar is only required to turn it on.

1 Like

I would welcome change which causes whole group to be in this visibility shard as a leader, so we won’t stay like idiots on meeting stone waiting for someone with the same warmode setting in order to summon someone.

Quoting for reference as this is a good way to do things if you are looking for a group and none exist. Having done this myself in the past, it’s crazy how quick it can fill up.

Also wanted to quote this too because it’s true and may help save a bit of time for you to get that rare you wanted. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes but turning it ON requires porting to the capital. Why such difference between requirements to switch it off and on, I have no idea.

See, it is easy.

To get people to use it in the first place they have to bribe them with bonuses and extra talents right? And that works, plenty of people turn it on just for that. Requiring people to go back to the capitals to turn it on is probably so people don’t just flip it off when it becomes inconvenient and right back on when it’s not. Many will just grin and bear a little harassment over having to go all the way back to the cities.

I don’t understand why some players are so reluctant to form their own group. Name it what you want “XYZ RARE WM OFF/ON”, kick players not with same WM setting. Or only join group with WM OFF/ON in the title.

Originally it was on/off in capital. Due to PvEer complaints about getting ganked in WM, blizz allowed them to turn off in any rested area.

But to turn on, it is and should be something they do away from the PvP action - limiting on’ers from interfering in a current fight.

No matter what you saying, warmode still bad and I know you can imprpove it. If I had to decide, I would never approve this system. Unfortunately!

Never had a problem with WM on/off groups, just mark them in finder (I’m pretty sure my UI hides groups that are the wrong toggle, I don’t recall seeing any WM off groups for quests. A bigger discussion is the lack of the PvP traits in WM off, some classes are just unfinished without them (BM Hunter being a clear one). Can we just have more developed specs please.

They could’ve made it so you can turn it on in any inn, but you have to go to a capital to turn it off. Would’ve been faster I think.

I believe it shouldn’t be turn off/on at all except on first login each week. May make more play (ally) if it is not hit and run on weekly rewards

And then there are those groups that don’t state if they are WM on or off :smiley:

I just risk it and see :laughing:

Valid point

Even better : you can use the tailor consumable or mount equipement to be in a rested state everytime you use your mount.

1 Like

So THAT’S what that thing does, always wondered. And huh, clever trick.

That is another option :slight_smile:

The way War Mode splits community is such a bizarre and dated concept in 2020, when you consider that all major gaming companies try to unify communities nowadays with cross play and cross platform features.

It’s such a PITA always having to keep checking War Mode state when I want to group up with friends or strangers.

I don’t have a problem with War Mode in particular, I just dislike the way it makes grouping up incredibly frustrating.

1 Like