Need help with a companion pet macro

Hi, anyone know how to summon De-Weaponized Mechanical Companion

this one isn’t working :?

/use De-Weaponized Mechanical Companion
/cast Call pet 1

Also if its relevant I have renamed it to Bunnybot

Open you macro edit screen and the pet interface, shift-click the pet. Should give you the proper command.

Tried this, it did not work.

Heya Bunnyshot

There is a specific command for companion pets.

/summonpet De-Weaponized Mechanical Companion

The issue will be that both summonpet and Call Pet invoke a GCD which means you cannot use them both at the same time in a macro. I’d suggest using Call pet first and then summon pet like this.

/cast Call Pet 1
/summonpet De-Weaponized Mechanical Companion

You will have to press the macro twice but it will at least get you where I suspect you want to me. Call Pet will be ignored on the second press of the macro because you already have you pet out. While Summon Pet will dismiss the companion if used twice in a row.

Hope that helps!

3 Likes

Thanks this worked well, is there a way to Call hunter pet if it’s alive and revive if its not?

It’s a little odd as as well. If your pet dies and the body despawns, the macro system cannot tell it’s dead anymore and thinks you just have no pet out. Resurrecting at a graveyard or dungeon start after a wipe for example.

Pretty sure this is how I used to have it when I played hunter a lot. If the default logic fails because the pet’s body is gone, you can just right click it to revive your pet. :slight_smile:

#showtooltip [@pet, dead] Revive Pet; [nopet] Call Pet 1; Dismiss Pet
/cast [button:2] Revive Pet
/stopmacro [button:2]
/cast [@pet, dead] Revive Pet; [nopet] Call Pet 1; Dismiss Pet
2 Likes

can we make this a sticky? never heard of /summonpet before and its something I have wanted for years to make a macro like this:

#showtooltip [mod:alt] Lil’ Ragnaros; [mod:ctrl] Guild Herald; Argent Gruntling
/summonpet [mod:alt] Lil’ Ragnaros; [mod:ctrl] Guild Herald; Argent Gruntling

1 Like

So campfire and vendor, very functional. :smiley:

Not sure about making it a sticky but updated the title to make it a little more informative. Hope you don’t mind Bunnyshot.

I seem to be experiencing a bug, ever since BfA dropped gameplay has felt delayed and laggy. Its ok in Classic cause it fits that gameplay quite nicely, but in retail? Nononononono no. Make not GCD ty Nintendo.

Also side note, how come the sound of footsteps has been so brutally lowered its impossible to hear footsteps since if you put sound volume slider up to where you can actually hear the footsteps, the sound of abilities or whatever just destroy your speakers. The sound of footsteps used to be on par with abilities and not for whatever reason its been practically muted. Fix pls

You can shorten that macro to:

#showtooltip
/cast [button:2] [@pet, dead] Revive Pet; [nopet] Call Pet 1; Dismiss Pet

I’m using a similar macro, but with [mod:alt] instead of [button:2] and Kill Command instead of Dismiss Pet, as it started from the latter spell, for which you need the pet alive. Very useful - unless the pet gets stunned/feared and you hammer the macro and nothing happens :smiley:

Note that Revive Pet turns into Mend Pet while you have a live pet, so it can be used to heal while in combat as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.