What would be the ultimate ADVENTURER character? (Faction, race, class, spec, transmog, professions, etc.)

I’ve been struggling with this question for a while. I love world content, and I love playing the game as an RPG with a heavy emphasis on immersion. But I just can’t seem to be able to pin down the perfect combination. Sometimes I lean Night Elf, sometimes Dwarf. Sometimes Human, Tauren, and so on. Is Hunter the way to go? Perhaps Warrior due to its versatility.

• Faction
  • Race
  • Class
  • Specialization
  • Professions
  • Transmog
  • Etc.

In your view, what would be the ultimate Adventurer? Feel free to define a few different ones.

Alliance
Tauren
Hunter
Survival probably
Engineering & Herbalism
The recruit a friend explorer transmog of course

Tauren to me seems like the most adventurous race, hunter is kind of an explorer by default, survival mostly for the name and the hogtie ability, herbalism for when the tauren forgets to bring a packed lunch and engineering I thought of goblin gliders and stuff to get around the terrain but skinning could work too.

Guess it kinda depends, adventurer could be so many things, ye olde dragonslayer type adventurers were definitely warriors though.

What Sossky said but then human or elf.

There would be, quite honesty, only one choice: Pandaren

• Can easily blend in on both sides (if we ignore the faction system, Chen Stormstout did the very same during his travels)
  • Has a pacifistic culture
  • Class Monk/Brewmaster, of course. Win over the people with your brews you make for them
2 Likes

Depends what you mean by adventurer.

The explorers league was founded by dwarves. So a rogue or hunter dorf could do the trick, however gnomes and humans seem to share that curious nature to some extent.

The horde counterpart are the blood elves who established the reliquary, however those are interested in finding powerful artefacts and such. So those would be mages.

These ideas definitely conjur some pretty freaking cool visuals in the mind! Would love to see these ideas in some art form :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

A Gnoll, come on.

Funny subject, this is essentially much of what I’m aiming for with this character.
Not entirely ofc but, in many ways. As far as you can go while also being a fighter that is.

Faction - Horde
Race - Vulpera
Class - Hunter
Specialization - Pre-legion Survival(Yeah, still working on this one :slight_smile: )
Professions - Mining/Engineering, though something like Herb + Alchemy works fine as well. Or Skinning/Leatherworking.
Transmog - My current outfit. Love it!
Would prefer if the spikes on the shoulders were somewhat different, but I can deal with them.

Clean image of the mog:

https://render-eu.worldofwarcraft.com/character/zenedar/152/95688344-main.jpg

• Faction : Alliance
  • Race : Dwarf
  • Class : Warrior
  • Specialization : Fury or Arms
  • Professions : Mining and BS
  • Transmog : beginner gear
  • Background : Name’s Gurdil. Doesn’t like elves. Has the innate ability of annoying 28 different races.

Behold ! The ultimate random adventurer which will step on a random trap and die at level one, most likely by smashed by an iron golem in the first floor of a random dungeon

I’m gonna agree with Leafkettle and say Pandaren! Either faction, could be any class since they’re natural explorers after leaving the great turtle - but being a monk would allow you to RP spreading the ways of the monk(and your brews) throughout your travels.

Transmog could be anything, personally I prefer rather simple mogs over shiny things. A form of conical hat hat is ofcourse required!

Profs herbalism, cooking and third could be anything.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b7/ed/c1/b7edc18abb70a1373ce95cef82646703.jpg

1 Like

edited post.

Vulpera archeologist equipped with a pistol and a whip wearing an Indiana Jones hat and leather jacket :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.