Blizzard : « One action per keypress »

Multiboxing = 10 actions per keypress.

Explain why it’s allowed then.

26 Likes

Because it’s not ‘one action per keypress’. It’s ‘no actions without a keypress’. If you still have a human being behind the keyboard pressing keys, it’s not automation and is therefore allowed.

6 Likes

This is not how it works …

Dear Elune spare me …

3 Likes

At least this one asked for an explanation instead of just going ‘waah waah I don’t like it and it’s cheating and I don’t care if it’s allowed’. As far as these daily multibox threads go, I consider that improvement.

5 Likes

Maybe that’s wrong aswell and should be re-evaluated.

4 Likes

When you press 1 button in isboxer on lets say 5 chars. You could compare IT with Havning 5 computers infront of you and you pressing IT All at the same time. IT is still 1 keypress and is allowed.

1 Like

Because 10 actions per keypress = 10 subscriptions = 10x13 euro in Activision bank account.

39 Likes

Or… because making the rule literally 1 action = 1 keypress and outlawing dedicated boxing software on the basis of that rule doesn’t solve the problem because there would still be ways to work around that rule. For example, nothing would stop people from running the game on five separate PCs and hooking up the same keyboard to all of them. That’s essentially the same as running dedicated multibox software but with a higher barrier of entry (you need five PCs instead of one). And even if you somehow detect and outlaw software that makes it possible to use a keyboard on multiple machines, there will be people Frankensteining multiple keyboards together to do it without any software. Making multiboxing have a higher barrier of entry doesn’t fix the issue, only thing it does is make the people with the means to do it have even more power compared to people that don’t have the means to do it.

Bottom line is that there is no way of effectively policing the practice because at the end of the day, whatever rules you make, someone will figure some kind of way around it and you can’t expect Blizzard SWAT teams going to people’s homes and busting them for duct taping keyboards together.

2 Likes

So have no rules ever, because someone always finds a way to break them? No, that’s not how it works.

Exactly what multiboxing does, but with a fewer number, so that’s an improvement in my book. The less people there are doing this, the better.

7 Likes

No, how it works is that you need to have rules that are objective, absolute and reasonably enforceable, if you can’t make rules like that, they are not actual rules but pretend laws that have no impact on reality whatsoever. Imagine a code of laws where murder is illegal… Unless you do it in an inconvenient manner, eg. while hopping on one leg and signing Happy Birthday. That would mean murder would be effectively legal with very little repercussion because you can’t reasonably expect law enforcement to have to prove in every single murder case that the murderer wasn’t hopping on one leg and signing Happy Birthday. That’s what outlawing multibox software would bring us to.

If the 1% becomes 0.1%, how does that solve anything? Say there’s 9 billion gold in a server’s economy, how is it better that 10 people have 8 billion between them than if 100 people have 8 billion between them? Making it harder to get a large amount of gold/materials does not make the gold/materials magically redistribute from the richest people to the less affluent, it only further consolidates the gold/materials in the hands of the richest people. The way gold was made much harder to come by in BfA made this abundantly clear.

2-5 subscriptions per multi-boxer. That’s a lot of dineros.

7 Likes

The less multiboxers there are the less mats are gathered. Mats/gold are constantly being created and destroyed, it’s not a static amount. So it’s not about redistribution. And yes, less multiboxers pulling mats out of the nether means less amounts to meet the same demand, prices go up.

Someone mentioned this, but I would love for gathering nodes to be personalized in where they appear to the character. It would eliminate the gross abuse of multiboxers clearing Nazj of all herbs… all tapping the same node 5-10 times. Completely gotten out of hand, Blizzard seriously needs to cope on.

8 Likes

No, this is demonstrably untrue simply by the virtue of this, and other multiboxing complaint threads existing. There wouldn’t be less materials gathered, there would be about the same amount of materials gathered. There is a limit to how much materials can be gathered in a time frame within a single server shard. If there wasn’t, people wouldn’t be complaining that they can’t get any herbs because of multiboxers taking them all.

3 Likes

It’s not, once a single player loots a node, that node despawns after 20-30 seconds, usually a couple of people may gather from with within that timeframe. Whenever a multiboxer loots a node, it loots 10 times and the node is instantly exhausted.

There is a difference between looting 1-3 times from a single node and looting 10 times.

4 Likes

I know multibox is allowed and all but imo, if you are playing 10 char with multibox for me is like if you are botting with 9 more characters.

Farming with 10 chars with multibox for 1 hour means you farmed 9 hours more compared to someone not boxing.

It is legal okay, still don’t consider it fair.
Not want to put up a fight on this, just sharing how I see multibox.

19 Likes

Exactly my point. If we assume a server shard can effectively support only one or two multiboxers at a time, reducing the total number of multiboxers achieves very little unless you can somehow guarantee it will be reduced significantly below the total number of server shards active at any given time… Which you can’t do without making the practice flat out impossible to perform by any means, which I have previously demonstrated is not something that can be done.

Sharding is another problem on its own and should probably be fixed separately, personally i’d limit the number of accounts on a single bnet account to 5 or something and enforcing an effective cap on multiboxing.

2 Likes

This is how it was originally done, when software was not emulating things as well… Also key-copy-ability is part of modern windows itself now.

Sharding is the only reason you are competing for herbs with a handful multiboxers at a time and not hundreds of them all the time. And limiting the number of WoW accounts on a single Blizzard account accomplishes nothing, e-mail accounts and Blizzard accounts are free, you would simply box with multiple Blizzard accounts instead of multiple WoW accounts on a single Blizzard account.